Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#74070 - 08/24/05 01:05 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
robbieroy wrote:
Quote:
and provided MM can get a ticket to Madrid.
Already got the ticket. I'm just not certain I'm still going - but it's looking better everyday. Woo Hoo!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74071 - 08/24/05 02:30 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
That is good news MM. I hope it continues to look better until it's cetain!

#74072 - 08/29/05 11:43 AM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I'll be going to Spain afterall. The bad news (well, in a way, it's good news for me) is that I'll MOST likely be in Granada on this particular weekend. I'm excited to be visiting Granada for the first time but very disappointed I'll be missing this gathering. Can you believe it? rolleyes I can't. There's still a chance we'll have to stay in Madrid that weekend depending on some other factors but those will remain to be seen at the last moment.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#74073 - 08/29/05 01:03 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
I'm excited to be visiting Granada for the first time
I visited Granada before MM, that is hard to believe. eek

Are you visiting that slightly interesting place on the hill? What's it names again? I know it start with an A and slightly sounds like the word ham. I remember now. You plan to visit Alhambra? If so make it an day and night time visit.

Bill

#74074 - 08/29/05 02:14 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

If this is an MM get-together then MM should be there is person - should he not? confused
I would recommend that if MM cannot be there on the 15th October, then we change the evening so that he CAN attend.
Joe - since you stared this thread, what are your thoughts? If he is going to be in Madtid then it is a good opportunity for him to meet some of the supporters and contibuters to this board. I would be in favour of changing the date to accommodate him if he decides to go to Granada.
Regards
Robbieroy

#74075 - 08/29/05 03:25 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

robbieroy wrote:
Quote:
If this is an MM get-together then MM should be there is person - should he not? [ confused ]
Well, those which I scheduled I typically call "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" but yours, should I not be able to attend, would be called "MadridMan Members Get-Together" (or something like that) which, I believe, i what they've been called in the past when they've taken place in Madrid, New York, Boston, and elsewhere.
Quote:

I would recommend that if MM cannot be there on the 15th October, then we change the evening so that he CAN attend.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's no telling when/if I'll be able to get away this trip. Plus, October 15th is really the only weekend day I'll be there and not sure it's too wise to schedule it during a weekday if you want others living in Madrid to attend. I'd say schedule it as you all like and if I'm in Madrid (and able) I'll certainly attend. Again, I'm not even sure I'll be able to go to Granada - all depends on how everything is with the people with whom I'm staying in Madrid.

Party on, Wayne! laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

#74076 - 08/31/05 01:36 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
JoeSambuca Offline

MadridMan is at all the gatherings in spirit. He's like the holy ghost...he, he,
If not we'll party in his honor and we will party wink
I have a jedi feeling he'll show.

Any suggestions for tapas????

#74077 - 09/04/05 12:17 AM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Oh my gosh, dare I say, I will be in Madrid for this gathering!

#74078 - 09/04/05 04:16 AM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Hi Joe
Regarding the tapas, it might be an idea to do our own "Tapas Tour". We could take some of the suggestions (on this board) for good places to go for tapas and construct our very own MM Tapas Tour.
The down side of this would be that we would be "on the move", BUT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING.
Robbieroy

#74079 - 09/04/05 12:11 PM Re: Madrid: OCT.15 GATHERING!!
JoeSambuca Offline

Great Silvita!
The more members that attend the better. Looking forward to meeting you.

Robbie, great idea! We could plan a template tapas night for future parties for those wanting that sort of advice. Lets see how many members respond so we can get an idea how to plan. One time we had close to twenty five members attend one party. It was a mess. We lost 1/2 of them at a busy night @ Plaza Santa Ana. Plus some that attempted to show couldn't find the party because they were late and didn'tknow some of the other members.
That was a funny night because everyone eventually split into little groups and it seemed you would bump into a MadridMan member at various points of the night.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1607 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments