MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#73985 - 06/23/05 07:05 PM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Party´s Over! (I think) The place, Casa de Granada, was surprisingly nice! They have an air conditioned inside with many tables and a two-sided terraza outside. The terraza was narrow, just enough room for a small table, 3 chairs, and barely enough space to pass by each table. But no problem. GREAT view from up there. I´ll definitely go back someday.

As expected, there were few who showed up. Message board member Murdy was there before me (as any self-respecting, prompt United Statesen would be) and we had a nice long talk before message board member (and madrileño) replay arrived. replay drove me there and so while he parked the car at the Plaza de Santa Ana in an underground car park Murdy and I got acquainted.

replay, Murdy, and I talked quite a bit before Murdy had to leave. Too bad he couldn´t stay longer. replay and I were there quite a while, finally getting a table outside on the terraza. We were there for about 2 hours before message board member Barry and his two companions arrived. We five talked about life in Spain, each own´s future plans, politics, and other things over several beers. Barry did NOT get me drunk, by the way.

A while later my very good friend Julio, owner of Hostal Horizonte , arrived. Julio couldn´t stay late but long enough for us to catch up since our last visit last January. After Julio left it was the 5 of us again and we talked until replay and I left at around 11:30pm.

NO WOMEN were in attendance - to replay´s and Julio disappointment. hehehe... Oh well. Better luck next time.

No photos were taken either, I´m afraid. It was a small gathering and in some ways it was better because we could all talk together as one group as opposed to different groups talking amongst themselves. A pleasant evening was had by all, I believe.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73986 - 06/24/05 04:11 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm glad the gathering was fun for those who attended. I had every intention of being there but I had something come up. Maybe next time.

#73987 - 06/24/05 04:34 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
No problem at all, MedicalMan. It´s been my experience over the years that usually about 50% of those who intend to attend do not. Stuff happens. And sometimes we just don´t feel like leaving the house.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73988 - 06/24/05 07:11 AM Re: Madrid June2005:"Party w/ MadridMan!"
Murdy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Yes, I was the first to arrive...but thank God you have a picture of yourself on the website, because for a fews minutes there I didn't know what to do. When in doubt, a caña and tapa!

Feeling was very much mutual MadridMan. It was great to finally meet you and I very much enjoyed talking to you and replay. In a sense it was good there weren't many people; that way we had more time to talk.

It was a shame I couldn't stay longer, but my wife already had her dinner plans arranged and well...those are the kinds of things the priest is talking about when he describes what getting married entails. wink

But it made me look forward to attending future events.

Replay, I will get more info about NYC if I think of anything you might want to know.

Barry, though I didn't meet you (I wish I had from how they described you! All very good, don't worry smile ), thanks for choosing a great place.

Saludos

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments