Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7383 - 09/13/04 07:13 AM Malaga
janb Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I have booked a flight to Malaga (1 October) and booked lodgings in Nerja (apartment in Capistrano) and Granada (Hotel Suecia). I will post reviews upon my return.
However, I am still looking for a hotel in Malaga (2 nights prior to our return flight). As I managed to stay under our budget for the previous accomodations I thought I'd treat myself (and the wife)on a luxurious farewell to Andalucia. Mind you, the Parador, much as I like it, is a bit over the top. Does anybody have a good suggestion i.e. actually having stayed at a "higher class" hotel?
One last prerequisite: I am looking for a hotel in the center of town, not on the outskirts or near the airport
Jan

#7384 - 09/14/04 05:27 AM Re: Malaga
missbernie Offline

Loc: Ireland
I'd suggest Hotel Larios . I stayed there in July this year. It's a cool, 'art deco' 4 star right in the centre of Malaga with balconies overlooking the main street where we were lucky enough to see the an amazing religious procession complete with blindfolded men carrying a statue of the Virgin and whafting clouds of incense! There is a rooftop terrace bar too which unfortunately was closed when I was there. Cannot remember how much per night but not too excessive for the lovely decor and great service.
It is well worth it for a treat.

#7385 - 09/15/04 04:47 PM Re: Malaga
janb Offline

Thank you for your info. After having communicated with the sales manager Carolina (her English is very good)on a number of subjects I have now booked at hotel Larios.

I will report on my experiences upon my return in the second half of October.

Jan

#7386 - 09/17/04 04:05 AM Re: Malaga
janb Offline

Actually (and this may interest you, missbernie) Carolina -or Carol, as she calls herself- spent 7 years living and working in London. Hence her superb command of the English language. She even has a slight Irish(!) accent (her own words) due to the fact of having an Irish boyfriend!
Jan

#7387 - 09/17/04 06:52 AM Re: Malaga
missbernie Offline

Loc: Ireland
Wow! What a shame I didn't get to meet her during our stay there. I really hope you enjoy the Larios as much as I did. Judging by your list of requirements it should suit perfectly.
Do let us know your impressions when you return.
Have a great holiday.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1672 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments