Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#73675 - 11/08/04 02:59 PM Sevilla: Hanging Out
SHC11 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Hola,

I have been in Madrid for my solo trip and people here are very nice. However, due to my limited Spanish (it´s much easier for me to speak than to understand, especially since everyone talks so fast), I am slowly going loco. I was hoping to avoid the pubs since there are so many great cafes, etc. Though, if pressed, I will probably break down soon enough. :p

Since I will be leaving Madrid on Nov. 10, I figure it´s too late to put out a call for English speakers who want to hang out (let me know if otherwise). So, please let me know if you´re up for coffee & chat or dinner in Sevilla from Nov. 10-12. After that, it´s off to Granada.

FYI: My interests are - music (house, rock, pop), books, food. I had a bocaito de cangrejo, among others, (at Bocaito in Chueca) and I still don´t know what it was but it was muy sabroso.

smile
¡Hasta luego!

#73676 - 11/09/04 06:20 AM Re: Sevilla: Hanging Out
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Ah, you've had crabs eek .... in your sandwich, I mean wink

Maybe you will see this before you leave Sevilla, if not I hope you had a great time in my favourite city. If you are still there, try one of the Irish pubs such as Flaherty's next to the cathedral, or Madigan's at Plaza de Cuba just across the river in Triana, where you will come across lots of English speakers having fun with good music in the background.

#73677 - 11/15/04 01:29 PM Re: Sevilla: Hanging Out
SHC11 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Anchovy Front. I´m about to take off from Granada to Barcelona but Sevilla was great. I met some interesting people there, a couple at Flaherty´s, and also some here. People here are so friendly.

Hasta luego.

Shawn

#73678 - 11/16/04 07:14 AM Re: Sevilla: Hanging Out
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Glad to hear you enjoyed Sevilla, Shawn. Then agin, how could anybody not do so? laugh

We're spending a couple of nights in Granada in December and I admit I don't know too many places there. Can you remember the names of good bars and restaurants you visited?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1892 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments