MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#73611 - 12/10/04 03:45 AM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
It's not because of the holiday, it's that way every christmas. It's Madrid during Christmas: lots of people around Sol doing present shoping or simply enjoying themselves, partying or seeing the lights, couples with children...etc.
Plaza Mayor is overcrowded when the Cristmas market is open.
And of course: never drive into central Madrid during Christmas. It's a trap!

#73612 - 12/10/04 06:06 AM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Richie,

I'm so sorry you haven't contacted me frown ....but glad you had such great trip! smile

Deivid, it's true, I didn't attend the gathering after all because making a little "tour" around Chinchón, Aranjuez, Toledo and El Escorial over the long weekend came up....well, every place was packed, Toledo specially was impossible. So, silly me, I was almost expecting Madrid to be pretty quiet apart from the tourists, since so many of us Madrileños seemed to have left....Wrong! it took us half and hour to come back from El Escorial to Moncloa and an hour to get from cl Princesa to Ronda de Atocha! eek

BTW, Rich,

I want details! laugh

#73613 - 12/10/04 09:37 AM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
HydiM Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Hi Richie and Nate, it's Hydi from DC. Saturday was nice, interesting restaraunt, hope the British girls are feeling better - especially the one that was into you... Ran into Daniel on Sunday, he's great, so hospitable of him to buy us all a round of drinks. BTW, the restaraunt that we were supposed to meet at on Sunday was closed. And, Sunday morning I was pickpocketted at the Rastro market/fair, so some thief has my credit card and your hotel information. Lo seinto for the confusion. This is why I didn't call to make alternate arrangements.

Oh, when we went to the police station to report the theft at around noon, they said that they had already reached their qouta of crime reports and we would have to go to another police station.

Good news it that Lew did go to Toledo. He was there for 2 hours. So, I guess you and Nate owe him a euro.

Really enjoyed meeting you, Nate, Natalia and Bernard. Look us up when you come to DC - I know a Cuban club that has fantastic mojitos.

Hydi

#73614 - 12/10/04 07:26 PM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
PIM,
I'm sooo sorry I thought you would be unavailable the whole week!
Plus, I didn't want to interupt your honeymoon... wink
You know its always a treat for me when I see you. I may be back in March or May 2005 unless something pops to make me come earlier
(Like a great airfare special !!)
email me Pim wink

on the other hand, I'm so jet lagged. It's the worse feeling ever. I fell asleep at 6pm yesterday woke up at 12am, fell back asleep at 5am and woke up at 3pm. I'm so lost right now laugh
It's weird because this is the first time it ever happened to me.

#73615 - 12/11/04 04:06 AM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Joe,
Me and my wife were actually downtown with some friends of ours. We had not planned on going downtown but after eating dinner at an Argentinian Steakhouse in Majadahonda, we rode the train downtown. I had forgotten your meeting place so we went to a few of our favorite places. You are not kidding about how crowded it was! We went to have a drink at the Question Mark Bar and could barely get in. We did find a great little German restaurant and Pub called the Bier Nutter where they have the beer Tap right in the middle of your table(Can't get better than that!). Anyway, sorry we missed you guys but we did not think we would make it downtown.

#73616 - 12/14/04 09:42 AM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
OK, this is chrissiij checking in! laugh

I would like to thank Riche for the great nights out! Also, for bringing over the hair stuff and CDs for me!

I would like to thank Castiza for the fun evenings out and for taking me to Xanadu and helping me spend my money.

I would like to thank the hairdresser at Xanadu who dyed my hair for me. I am still getting compliments now! smile And all for 44 euros!

Hydi, which brit was into Riche?

#73617 - 12/15/04 03:29 PM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
JosieSambuca Offline

Loc: UK!
Couldn't help but quote you Richie:

Quote:
My charms are only used for good Christine, not for personal gain.
Remember I'm catholic and I avoid all types of activities related to sin of myself or others
*snigger* laugh

Madrid must have a funny effect on you, your morals have vanished in a matter of days!! wink

#73618 - 12/17/04 12:51 PM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!
Just wanted to say it was a pleasure seeing Riche, Nate and Christine again and meeting Hydi and Lew.We had a really good time...you guys know how to party!

Hydi, I'm so sorry you were pickpocketted in the Rastro and surprised that Lew finally went to Toledo after that Saturday out eek .

Riche, those bottles of La Mancha wine will have to wait, something came up but it's a good excuse to carry them personally to the US.
laugh
Christine, we burnt Xanadu! I'll have to give a try to our gourgeous hairdresser cool and have my hair done there next time. I think it's worth the trip.

#73619 - 12/17/04 05:51 PM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Iona, is that you????

Natalia, he was gorgeous wasn't he? Can you give him a big snog from me? cheers!

#73620 - 12/17/04 07:56 PM Re: Madrid Fiesta Anyone?? Dec 4th
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
That's right Natalia, you are now obligated to come to the USA!!! Will that be one ticket or two?
You have to come to NY now because I saw my doctor today and he said I need spanish wine or else. You don't want me to get sick? do you?
New York Tapas are pretty good!

HOLY CRAP! I have a Madridman wife! mistress? something? I like it! Josie! Let me guess who this might be? hmm, I wonder? The devil on my right shoulder is whispering a name.... wink
And yes Madrid has a funny effect one me. I'm practically a quaker laugh
(no offense intended to any quakers of course)

Christine...well, we spoke earlier today, we'll be in touch in regards to....that topic we discussed.
BTW, my spelling stinks so just bare with it everyone, technology has made me stupid.

VIVA MADRID

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments