Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7351 - 08/27/04 04:47 PM Bancotel Vouchers?
lindanada Offline

Loc: Colorado
Travelling in December and I made some reservations in the Bancotel system (Thank you Booklady for the info!). Does it matter how long I put off purchasing the checkbooks? And should I arrange to pick them up at the first hotel or have them shipped to me in the States?

#7352 - 08/28/04 09:59 AM Re: Bancotel Vouchers?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello Lindanada!
They are very easy to purchase and Bancotel is very accommodating. You can purchase them by e-mail, by phone, and at a travel agency in Spain.

I purchased one set of "talonarios" a few days before I left, also in December, I believe I called them on a Saturday and I got them on a Wednesday, I was leaving on Thursday!

Of course by Tuesday, I was very concerned about their arrival so I called Bancotel and a very nice young man told me not to worry, that if by chance I had already left when the checks were being deliverd that all I had to do was call them from the Hotel and they would authorize the Hotel to give me the checks.

When I arrived in Madrid I went to Halcón travel agency on Calle de Alcalá and bought the other two sets.

The reason my tickets were delayed in their arrival was that my credit card company refused the charge from Spain thinking my card had been stolen. Be sure to call your credit card company and tell them that they are going to get a charge from Spain. That was a wonderful lesson to learn while still in the U.S. It is a good idea if you are carrying credit/debit cards with you to call the issuing agency and tell them the dates you are travelling abroad.

Hope you have a fantastic trip! And remember that the Bancotel talonarios can be used at the Paradores, you just have to call Bancotell to make the reservations.

Saludos,
Carmen

#7353 - 08/28/04 12:54 PM Re: Bancotel Vouchers?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
On another forum Janacek_03@hotmail.com has two Bancotel cheques left over from their trip. You might want to contact him/her ... expiration date is March '05.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments