Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#73455 - 07/28/04 05:07 AM job offer for english speaking people in spain
baiservices Offline

We are Bare Associates International, an international mystery shopping company. Mystery shopping: a company hires us, we send one of our mystery shoppers to one of the company's shops, to ask for some information, and afterwards the mystery shopper fills in a questionnaire on our website. This to improve the customer services of a certain shop/company.

We are urgently looking for new shoppers. This is not a daily job, you get paid per shop you visit (between 15 and 50 euro). We have a lot of automotive clients, so some mystery shoppers have to visit car dealers (you can choose this yourself). They have to pretend to be interested in a new car (they may even make a test ride when they're lucky), but of course they don't have to buy one.

If you are interested, visit www.mysteryshop.be and sign up as a new shopper. Then you go to the job board and there you can see all the available jobs. At the moment we still have a lot of automotive jobs to be done. Our mystery shoppers must be able to write and read English and have access to the internet.

We really appreciate any help you can give us!
Any information on our firm can also be found on www.mysteryshop.be or on www.baiservices.com

#73456 - 07/30/04 01:10 AM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
hmmmm....i checked out this site. I've never heard of the company but thought since I shop anyway, why not get paid, right? Part of the information they ask for is a bank acoount PLUS routing number for direct deposits. ANybody heard of this company. Seems fishy to me.

#73457 - 07/30/04 08:25 AM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
Part of the information they ask for is a bank acoount PLUS routing number for direct deposits.
eek Yikes! eek

Have you or anyone tried a GOOGLE search of this company? Might turn up some other feedback about them on other forums.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73458 - 07/30/04 10:06 AM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
monty Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Madrid Man,

I'd remove this post. This sounds like a phantom company I've heard so much about on the news. They ask you for your bank account number and routing number and end up stealing money out of your account.

#73459 - 07/30/04 02:26 PM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Every major company I know of utilizes the "mystery shopper" concept to try and improve quality within their organizations - they do NOT farm that role out to free-lance people. Too much of a security risk from every possible angle - odds are - this posting is one big scam

#73460 - 07/31/04 03:47 AM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Both their webpage and the search i made in GOOGLE (133.000 results) speak of a settled, wide-spread, and old firm.

#73461 - 08/15/04 01:22 PM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

sounds like a con to me beware there are a lot of con artists here in spain like anywere so when you hear of easy money beware especially here in spain as work is hard to comeby even for Spanish

#73462 - 08/15/04 06:11 PM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
That's right...Tony lionni should know since he lives in Madrid. Tony...do you have the satistics on how many con artists live in Madrid per capita? Im also curious to know when the last time you got suckered in Madrid, or Spain for that matter. Im sure you must have some experience in order to post your warning!

#73463 - 09/18/04 02:46 PM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
I have worked as a secret shopper for a restaurant chain in the past, and the project came directly from one of the principals, not from a go-between. If they are asking for account numbers and routing info I would run away screaming.

#73464 - 09/19/04 09:15 AM Re: job offer for english speaking people in spain
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Unfortunately there always seem to be outfits that target people in need of work/money. There is a semi-respectable looking company in the UK that offers training to be a proof-reader. It claims that many companies, especially in publishing need these proof-readers. Well, yes, but does anyone who has ever come across a major publishing firm think they don't have the (literate and qualified) staff to do this task? Any work hived out is going to go to trusted contacts and existing freelance writers. The company selling this training is basically selling lies. I for one am not amused.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1756 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments