Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7335 - 08/23/04 09:32 AM Madrid , Plaza de Cibeles
ricardo4u Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Would anyone know of any lodging , hostal, hotel, or room in the Plaza de Cibeles ( main post office )area ?? Would prefer within 100 meters or so, more or less .. Appreciate any/all responce, vale ?

#7336 - 08/23/04 10:26 AM Re: Madrid , Plaza de Cibeles
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't think there are any lodgings whatsoever within 100 meters of Plaza de la Cibeles. Sorry! There are none (I don't think) at all on the cuadrant of the post office at all nor on the opposite corner.

There's the Hotel Suecia , 4-Stars near there. Hostal Prim is very very nearby too. And, of course, the Huertas neighborhood isn't too much further and there you'll find LOTS of "hostales" and hotels too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7337 - 08/23/04 11:08 AM Re: Madrid , Plaza de Cibeles
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Ricardo4U,
I recommend the Hotel Suecia, and I believe I did a review some time ago. It is close to the Biblioteca Nacional and to Correos, you can certainly walk it, but the traffic is so bad, I recommend a taxi, unless you are a fast mover. I'm not! The traffic around the cibeles is insane.

By the Way the Hotel suecia is part of the wonderful
Bancotel system. I got a lovely room for around 50 euros. El Suecia is a very nice hotel.
Saludos,
Booklady

#7338 - 08/23/04 04:40 PM Re: Madrid , Plaza de Cibeles
ricardo4u Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Booklady ; Many thanks for the info on Hotel Suecia, and Bancotel .. I should have known better,, for this past May, I stayed at the Auditorium ,, can't beat the price !!! Best regards,, aka ricardo4u

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments