Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#73331 - 04/15/04 02:36 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As mentioned above, I stopped by the Cervecería San Andrés to confirm our reservation but it seems no reservations can be made, in fact. Instead, it was suggested that I arrive at 8:30pm and pull tables together myself. Hmmm... So, I´ll be there at 8:30pm if anyone wants to come early and help "secure" the tables. Might look odd if I surround myself with 6 empty tables all for myself. hehehe...

See you there! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73332 - 04/15/04 05:14 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
MadridMan, we could never let you take on such a monumental task all by yourself.

My wife and son and I will be there to help you secure the perimeter.

We have also invited two Spanish friends, but they won't be there until 9:00 PM.

This should be quite a reunion!

GoMadrid...Lee..Leo

#73333 - 04/15/04 06:26 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Lee, it was quite a surprise seeing you and your wife today at Hostal Adriano . What a nice coincidence. And thanks for helping to "secure the permimeter". I should have some other help too - from anyone who would like to come early (8:30pm).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73334 - 04/16/04 09:39 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Well, the showers stopped mid-morning and while it remains overcast it looks like they won't be back until tomorrow so it should be clear sailing for the terraza tonight! Only five more hours until the set-up crew arrives!

#73335 - 04/16/04 08:51 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
dying to hear all the details....I have been thinking of you all evening. smile

#73336 - 04/17/04 03:10 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
DonQuixotex Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Hello all, especially you MM. This is my first time at your web site and MB. I ran into your web site by accident a couple of days ago and i love it. I am a Madrileño living in Austin, Texas and miss home a LOT frown BUT this is pretty cool I really enjoy all that you offer here. It brings me a little closer to home. GLAD wink :p i found ya !!!! cool Voy a comprar un Jamon Serrano de la tienda que esta en tu pagina de Web smile

#73337 - 04/17/04 11:07 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wow. I must say that was THE MOST ENJOYABLE "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" I´ve ever had. All previous gatherings were great too but this once was really something special. And I can´t believe that I stayed until 3:30am! I´ve NEVER stayed so late at one of these gatherings so this obviously suggests I was enjoying myself a lot!

Fantastic seeing many of you once again and meeting others for the first time. That Barry (message board member who lives on the Plaza Santa Ana) is.. wow.. incredible. What a wonderful guy, totally animated and energetic, not to mention quite stylish. Ahh... If only I could be half as stylish.

I was looking forward to seeing Chica and pim once again but am sure their busy lives prevented them from attending. Too bad. I would have liked to have seen them again.

We had a total head-count of about 33, I think and the vast majority of us spent a full 2.5 hours at the terraza of Plaza San Andrés and then about half went on to two more places where we stood, talked, and got to know one another. We had such warm, interesting people to be sure.

Thanks for attending!!! I´m already looking forward to the next one!

Will post some photos early this coming week, after returing home to the US. I hate to go and am already feeling the growing sadness and depression that comes with the last hours of another memorable and busy visit to Spain.

Another fantastic party, people. smile

Very sincerely, MadridMan

#73338 - 04/17/04 02:33 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Dear MadridMan
I am reading with a smile about the wonderful time that you had with you friend old and new while in Madrid. I will be leaving Thursday for Madrid and after a weekend I will start to walk my Camino, once back in Madrid I will again spend some time with my friends. I understand the pain in your heart as I know my will be aching when my time comes to leave. But always remember, you should always leave when it hurts the most. Then pain will override the wonderful memories you will carry in your heart and soul. That what happens when you walk in two worlds. Lucky us!

#73339 - 04/17/04 04:40 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Madridman and gang!

So sorry I didn´t make it last night... I was really hoping to go, but worked late and then wasn´t feeling too good (middle age combined with long working hours :p ) couple that with the thought of getting up early to work this AM after having been out at a wild Madridman party... well, you catch my drift!

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. Would have liked to see you again... PIM and I actually met at your Madridman party back in Nov. 2001 and have been friends ever since! Would have been fun to "celebrate" an anniversary of sorts! Oh well, I have no doubt that you will be back here again when we can do it right!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

#73340 - 04/20/04 01:43 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Well that was fun the other night. Did someone call me energetic? You should have seen me on Saturday, paralyzed by a killer hangover for most of the day. Never again. And I certainly wouldn't have won a prize for style as I groaned in a darkened room under the blankets (alone, I hasten to add and due to severe alcohol-induced dehydration). But was it worth it? Yes! Great to meet you all. Must dio it again soon.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments