Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#73321 - 04/12/04 12:54 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
There is a rumor going around (which I started wink ) that a certain Madrid innkeeper may show up at the party.

In case my plane is late, please leave a trail of tapas when you leave Cerveceria San Andres so I can catch up with you laugh

#73322 - 04/12/04 03:03 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Mongo! Hope your plane is not late and that you´ll be accompanied by certain Madrid innkeeper. That would be great. That which is not so great is that the 5-day forecast calls for RAIN both Thursday AND Friday. We´ll see. Hopefully that will change and/or ONLY be during the daytime. Cross your fingers.

KEEP IN MIND THAT IF IT RAINS WE'LL BE IN THE DOWNSTAIRS SEATING AREA OF THE SAME LOCATION!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73323 - 04/12/04 04:00 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
llagos Offline

Loc: Washington
Great web site...It looks like I will be in Madrid this Friday (from Washington DC) for work related reasons, so will join you guys for a "copa"...saludos

#73324 - 04/13/04 01:35 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Hey MM!

I'll try to stop by for a little while at least. Maybe I can convince my wife to come with me. Glad to see you are in town again.

#73325 - 04/13/04 01:49 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

NOW the forecast has been changed from RAIN to PARTLY CLOUDY. Keep your fingers crossed! The terraza would be much better.

Counting Down.....

MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73326 - 04/13/04 03:52 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Martín de Madrid Offline

Just talked with my wife. We will both make it for the party, and our boarder, Fernando, too. The place is just at the end of the street where La Soleá used to be located, so I know just where it is. Great bar on the south side of the street too. José el Duende and I used to go there for tapas before going to La Soleá. The street Cava Baja is were the old city walls used to be, and they stored wine in the "cavas" there, or so I have been told.

#73327 - 04/13/04 04:45 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Well, I'm back from Spain already so won't get to attend the party. But the area is great. I discovered it on my trip last September. The Calle Cava Baja, Nuncio, Alto, Almendro....lots of great places and hardly any tourists.

I'm already missing it......

#73328 - 04/14/04 02:34 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
The area is my favorite.I wrote a post about it as "Plaza de Puerta de Moros" .It easy to find,it is near of :"Teatro de la Latina", At La Latina (metro station)

#73329 - 04/15/04 03:18 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I´m going this morning to our selected location to confirm the reservation for our group. See you all soon!

Saludos, MadridMan

#73330 - 04/15/04 05:25 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Martín de Madrid Offline

Went by the bar yesterday when I was in town. This is the bar José and I always went to. It has great food, and is definitely not a tourist hang-out. Great choice.

One important thing: if you are entering the Plaza from Cava Baja (or Alta), you need to go to your right and across the square (caddycorner). The bar is on this corner. I hope this is not confusing! Should be a great party. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2051 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments