Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#73301 - 04/01/04 06:07 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
barry, I'm arriving this coming Sunday and expected to check out the bar sometime during Semana Santa (next week) and then would talk to the boss about reserving tables. But if you have some experience with "cutting deals" at bars and reserving tables, by all means do it! Thanks!! smile

And if it's raining, hopefully we can simply stand/stay inside for awhile until everyone who's coming comes and then we can move on. But yes, rain would be a real bummer/downer/disappointment.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73302 - 04/02/04 01:49 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Cross fingers, MM. Tonight it was raining a lot, and only 40ºF. Well, in fact it's been raining/snowing/winding MIERDA DE TIEMPO for two weeks now.

#73303 - 04/02/04 05:36 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'm optimistic, deibid! A lot can happen in two weeks' time! Think positive!! If it does rain, no doubt we'll have a smaller group, but regardless, we'll all just meeting inside the bar at the same location.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#73304 - 04/02/04 05:40 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Quite true! two weeks ago there was a wonderful spring weekend, I brought my baby to the zoo and the Velazquez sky was more beautiful than ever.
But the next week it was snowing all weekend!
Well, a mal tiempo buena cara.

I'd love to go to the party... but I have a baby and a pregnant wife to take care of, so you never know!

#73305 - 04/02/04 02:40 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I WISH I could be there! That sounds like fun!! Can I be there in spirit? If so, dedicate a round of drinks to me! (I won't pay though . . . wink )

#73306 - 04/02/04 03:21 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Juana la Loca Offline

Loc: Aurora IL
Estoy Celosa!!! Have a great time. Drink one sangria for me!!!

#73307 - 04/03/04 08:51 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

See you all there! I'm off to the airport. laugh Woo Hoo!!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, MadridMan

#73308 - 04/03/04 03:41 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Have a great flight Madridman!!!

#73309 - 04/04/04 08:07 AM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
So it is Plaza de San Andres? right?
Thumbs up for this decision Madridman I couldn´t think of a better place myself, people are going to love it. but as for not it being a touristy place allow me to disagree. That square happens to be in front of a museum about Old Madrid, it stands where one of the doors of the old XII century wall that surrounded Madrid was and from it you can visit Madrid´s oldest monuments like XIII century Torre de San Pedro or XIV century Capilla del Obispo. As for its nightlife places like el viajero or el Berlin Cabaret will fullfill the wildest expectations.

Andres

#73310 - 04/04/04 02:03 PM Re: Apr.16: Party w/ MadridMan in Madrid !!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hello from Madrid!!!

My ladyfriend picked me up at the airport and took me directly, at my request, to the Cervecería San Andrés where we had coffee and TORTILLA DE PATATAS! And yes, the place does seem perfect. They have a BIG terraza and, if it rains, they open the downstairs where there are many many tables. I put in a reservations for our date and time and will confirm later. I made no "deal" with the bar, however. Not sure how to do this.

We had some trouble finding the place as I´m not familiar with the area and the Plaza is located on BOTH sides of the San Andrés Church. We circled the one side (the larger side) assuming this was it and didn´t find it and this worried me. We asked where it was in a small store and the man told us it was on the OTHER side.

I´ll have to disagree with Andrés (la plaza y la cervecería de su santo) in that I still believe this area is nearly totally off the tourist map. I figure if it´s a place I´ve never been in all my years of visits then it´s not a tourist area. However, those whom go "deeper" will find the nearby restaurants in the Cava Baja. Even I´ve eaten at some of these restaurants but it´s definitely not high on the list of tourist locations. So, I´m a little concerned newcomers to Madrid will have some trouble finding it.

Here are some short directions: Imagine you´re driving downhill of the street alongside the western side of the Plaza Mayor. This is the Calle de Cuchilleros. Come to the first major cross-street and cross it to the Plaza Cerrada, walking LEFT of the Bar La Terraza and down the Calle de Cava Baja until you reach the Plaza San Andrés. When you reach the plaza, which will be on your RIGHT, you´ll see the corner and the terraza (at night) of the Plaza San Andrés. The nearest metro station is LA LATINA.

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2071 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments