Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7327 - 08/12/04 01:48 AM Internet hotel bookings
nevado Offline

Hello- quick question...has anyone used www.cheaperthanhotels.com for booking hotels? I'm a bit hesitant booking on the web with a random company (although I've done it before and have had success). Any feedback? The prices are very good; well below other sites.
thanks

#7328 - 08/12/04 02:03 AM Re: Internet hotel bookings
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I have never used this company, but if you decide to use them, please let us know how it worked out for you. The prices do seem extraordinarily low. Good luck.

#7329 - 08/12/04 05:36 AM Re: Internet hotel bookings
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
They are using the HotelClub.com reservation system.

I checked a few places in Madrid:

Hostal Martín quoted the same price for a double as it is on the Hostal Martín website.

Hostal La Plata also quoted the same price for a double as it showed on their website.

Hotel Moderno was also quoted the same price for a double as it is on their own website.

Hotel Opera WAS quoted to be 4 Euros less than on their own website.

Sooo... Where's the deal? Where's the discount? Maybe just the higher end hotels offer true discounts since there's more of a "profit margin". Not sure.

ALWAYS do some COMPARISON SHOPPING and ALWAYS check the individual establishment's website. Book DIRECTLY with them whenever possible.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7330 - 08/12/04 11:04 AM Re: Internet hotel bookings
nevado Offline

Thanks for the feedback; I think I'll give it a go. I still have 3 more hotels to book and we're leaving Saturday.
You're right, Madridman, the prices for Madrid didn't seem that wow but I think Spain's prices in general are unbelievably low (compared to the rest of W.Europe at least). The thing I like about the offers I was looking at is that many include breakfast, a hard thing to come by on discount sites these days. Believe me, I scour the internet for the best deal (way too much, I think I have a problem). eek That's one of the reasons I posted; I thought it was strange not to have seen the site before. I'll let you know how it goes. Hey, perhaps we can post sites we've used successfully (and those that cause stress).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments