Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72990 - 09/15/03 12:43 PM Madrid: TRABAJO
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hola Todos
Iam from Manchester England and thinking of doing a "David Beckham" and coming to Madrid in March 2004. "Yo hablas un bien nivel de Espanol"
I was wondering what difficulties English people have found in finding work, Could anybody point me in the right direction, I have worked in call centres here in England, I have studied Fashion at University, Iam a known D.j here in Manchester.
and have also dj'd recently at a good club in Valencia called "Latex community" Any help would be appreciated.
Ciao Tony Lionni

#72991 - 10/09/03 04:27 AM Re: Madrid: TRABAJO
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi,
Good luck if you do decide to come to Madrid. May be a good idea to keep doing the Spanish lessons - I speak is 'hablo', not 'hablas' (which is you speak).
There are a couple of mags when you get here that will be of interest. One is a freebie for the English community called InMadrid and they occassionally have jobs on offer. Another is called segundomano and they have general jobs on offer - I have seen adverts from an agency looking for native english telephone operators. I believe this mag also has a website - possibly segundomano.es so it may be worth checking out.
Other websites worth checking out include www.infojobs.net and www.randstad.es
I think with the right attitude and good Spanish you should be able to find work.. the difficult part will be finding the right accommodation.
Anyway good luck!!!

#72992 - 10/09/03 11:58 AM Re: Madrid: TRABAJO
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey thanks for the reply man and the "spanish lesson" the links that you gave me were very helpful with a lot of good jobs posted, iam hoping to go to madrid early november, what are the legal requirements that I need to do upon arriving there to be able to work, Iam from the U.K.
again thanks for your help and advice.
Tony Lionni.

#72993 - 10/10/03 06:39 AM Re: Madrid: TRABAJO
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Well, to be honest I'm not an expert on this subject - it may pay to get a book on moving to Spain (maybe someone else can help here?)
I understand that as soon as you get accommodation here you have to apply for a resident´s permit. Apart from that, as a UK resident you are entitled to work in Spain. Point is you may need to decide whether or not to work self-employed or not (particularly if you get into the DJ-ing scene). Again you need to have good advice/research.
By the way, be prepared for cold and wet days in winter. You will not be wearing shorts and t-shirts in a Madrileño winter. There are apparently ski-resorts not too far away so if you like ski-ing you may be in luck..

Hope this has been of use...

#72994 - 10/11/03 06:36 AM Re: Madrid: TRABAJO
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Hi,
Just discovered another website that may be of use...
www.spainalive.com (apologies to madridman if he already has this on his links)
It has a specific Madrid section and even has some jobs on offer (can`t vouch for their credibility). Also has an accommodation section so you can start advertising before you get here...
Cheers,

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments