Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72850 - 05/23/03 05:56 AM Madrid Malasaña: Apt. for rent
pudina Offline

Loc: Madrid
After 6 glorious months living here in Madrid my girlfriend and I will be leaving July 7th. This website was sooo helpful for us before moving here and so we thought we would try and offer something back.

Its a cute one bedroom 3rd floor, interior apartment, completely furnished including a sofa-cama. Its 2.5 blocks from Tribunal metro stop in a recently refurbished building. The rent is 550€/month and a deposit would be required. For those who don't know Malasaña is a great neighborhood full of shops, restaurants and bars (but being interior we dont hear a thing at night!)

Please email dwightnorton@hotmail.com (i can send some pics too)

#72851 - 05/26/03 11:55 AM Re: Madrid Malasaña: Apt. for rent
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Pudina! Got your email about this.

Are you looking for someone to "assume" the remainder of your lease? How long would that be? I would certainly think some students coming this summer to study Spanish would JUMP on this apartment at this price. Could someone just take the apartment for 1, 2, or 3 months?

It's an interior apartment you say so that means you windows going to an interior patio or air shaft?

Does the building have an elevator?

Good luck renting it. If you don't hear anything from people here you might consider posting your ad in the classifieds @ http://www.SpainAlive.com . They are overflowing with ad from people WANTING an apartment - you could answer some of those or post your own. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72852 - 05/26/03 01:01 PM Re: Madrid Malasaña: Apt. for rent
pudina Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes..we are looking for someone to 'assume' the lease (of which 10 months remain). So I think at least 3 months would be best and then it could be 'passed' on.

There is no elevator (which is not that uncommon) and at 3rd floor, its a relatively stort hike.

Interior means our kitchen/living room has two large windows that look out on to a small interior patio thats semi attached to the interior patio of another building (it kinda reminds me of a tiny section of the old streets of Sevilla or Córdoba) so basicly its quite luminous even though there is little direct sunlight in the apartment. But, it also means the air is kept at a nice room temperature.

There is no A/C now but in the reformation it was made A/C 'ready' and the landlord said he would be more than happy to add one if it does indeed get too hot.

Thanks,
Dwight

#72853 - 05/27/03 03:57 AM Re: Madrid Malasaña: Apt. for rent
Antti Offline

Loc: Finland
Hi. this is a bit offtopic, but isn't that www.spainalive.com MadridMan mentioned a bit dead?
To me it seems that their last update was on august or september 2002 confused

#72854 - 05/27/03 05:30 AM Re: Madrid Malasaña: Apt. for rent
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Antii, oh-my-god you're right!!! SpainAlive.com shows exchange rates for August 2002 and the classified postings are from last year too!!!! eek
--
LOOKING FOR FLAT
Urgently required: 1 bedroom appart/flat, fully furnished, fully equiped kitchen for student. Starting September 1st 2002. Please contact: noname@hotmail.com starting today 8/04/2002
--
You can bet that's the LAST time I'll recommend them to anyone. Sheesh!

Pudina, I hope you find someone to "assume" your lease. It sounds nice. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72855 - 05/27/03 08:30 AM Re: Madrid Malasaña: Apt. for rent
Antti Offline

Loc: Finland
You could try these
http://www.tablonia.com/anuncios.htm?Cat=12
http://www.gabinohome.com

Good for searching a room also

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1562 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments