Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7272 - 08/03/04 02:02 AM Madrid/BCN/Granada Hotels?
LBJ Offline

Loc: California
Can anyone tell me about the Princesca Sofia in Barcelona, The Best Western Santo Domingo in Madrid and the Hotel Morisca in Granada? I am going to Spain the end of September.

#7273 - 08/03/04 05:42 AM Re: Madrid/BCN/Granada Hotels?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi LBJ!
Seems to me we have a number of reviews for Madrid's Hotel Santo Domingo and I think even Granada's Hotel Morisca. Be sure to conduct a SEARCH using specific keywords and you should find those previously posted reviews. In the meantime, are there any fresh reviews of these establishments??

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7274 - 08/15/04 06:01 PM Re: Madrid/BCN/Granada Hotels?
Chicago Jake Offline

Loc: Chicago, USA
Hola, LBJ and everyone.

I just got back from a trip, part of which was spent at Granada's Hotel Morisca. It was a very nice place in a great location. It is in a very old and charming building with many Moorish elements, but all facilities are modern and functional. There is a small fountain in the floor of the central courtyard. I think there were about nine rooms on three floors, serviced by an elevator. Our room was small but very elegant, and the AC worked better than in some other hotels we visited. There was an expensive mini-bar and a TV that we did not use. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and arranged several tours for us. There was a breakfast buffet, but not included. I think it was 10 Euros, and not worth it. Other than that, it was a very nice place to stay.

It is on a very steep street which is a chore to walk up, but fun. You can see the Alhambra from your window if you have a front room. If you walk out the door and turn left, you go UP UP UP a very steep hill to the "barrio" where there are normal people living and grocery stores. etc. If you turn right and go down the hill and then turn right again, you get to the Nuevo Square, full of bars and restaurants and good people-watching. Up the hill from there are the winding streets and alleys of the Arab district.

Any specific questions, feel free to send me an email. Have a great trip!.....Jake

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1659 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments