Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#72743 - 07/03/03 02:51 AM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
Anonymous
Unregistered

It´s about Basque culture and food, not Spanish, nor French (both have basque areas), nor Japanese. rolleyes smile

#72744 - 07/07/03 06:07 PM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
Cali,
How was the Basque picnic?
I was not able to come but I'm hoping to make it to the picnic in Sept. I love the food and the dancing.
I'm sure everyone who went had a great time.
Lagun

#72745 - 07/08/03 12:46 AM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
We too were unable to attend. So near, yet so far! frown Hoping to get to meet with local board members at the September event smile

Saludos....

#72746 - 07/08/03 11:27 AM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
September is something to look forward to, however, there's nothing to say all local board members couldn't get together at an earlier date. Easier said than done of course. I barely know my way around these parts.

#72747 - 07/09/03 07:36 PM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
It would be great if we could meet at a park and have a picnic bringing all kinds of Spanish food and goodies. Hey, how about cooking paellas outdoors? Everyone can use their own recipies and have a type of paella tasting contest of sorts! We could call it the First Annual Paella Cook-off!
laugh wink smile cool

#72748 - 07/15/03 07:34 PM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Sorry I've been away...the picnic was good, but not the best we've been to. The dancing was great, since my 3 year-old participated!

The txilindron has been better (a little burnt), but the lamb chops were great.

The food is usually better at the Chino picnic [Labor Day] so I hope you all are making plans now!!! [Sunday before Labor Day Monday].

Now I have a better bead on who Rocinante is, even though I missed him at the SoCal picnic... wink

And about food: Has anyone caught the show "Tyler's Ultimate..." on Food Network? He made gazpacho and tortilla de patata last week and paella valenciana yesterday (conejo, lima beans, etc.). It looked so good!!!! :p

#72749 - 08/29/03 05:23 PM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
Calibasco,
I have not been able to check the message board until today, and I don't see any thing about the Chino Basque Picnic over Labor Day weekend.
I think I will try to go to the picnic on Sunday. Is Anyone else going?
Lagun

#72750 - 08/31/03 01:31 AM Re: Basque Club Picnic Schedule for ALL California
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Yes, the picnic is on. It's at the Chino fairgrounds (scroll up for directions). Mass is at 10 am, lunch around noon-2pm, dancing by the folk dancers (my kid!) in the early afternoon...sausage sandwiches at 4 and dinner at 6, followed by dancing afterwards.

Please e-mail me at "cocido@madrid.com" and let me know if you need any directions. I'll send you my cell # there and you can call and meet up with me and my family at the picnic. We'd love to see you there!!!

***Update***

Instead of a new post, here's an update. The picnic was great. The entertainment from the French Basque region of Lapurdi was a lot of fun. More dancing late than all the other picnics combined! They came to the local Clubhouse last Friday and taught us all the "line" dances, so we had a great time.

The BBQ lamb was delicious, but the highlight was the homemade sausage sandwiches. They were the best yet!

Mark your calendars now for the Sunday before Labor Day [next year] and plan on attending if in the SoCal area!!! :p

Also, the international Basque festival "Jaialdi" will be in 2005 in Boise, ID. Rumor has it Leche will be hosting all MM'ers who want to attend in a modified tent city in his backyard! laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1599 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments