Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72716 - 03/26/03 12:18 PM Madrid room! help!
emilymay Offline

Loc: london
HI !
Im going to be in madrid for all of june, working in the biblioteca nacional - and I need to rent a room - any suggestions???
thanks!

#72717 - 03/26/03 06:29 PM Re: Madrid room! help!
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Best bet for finding lodging: " Segunda Mano " paper. We found our beautiful apartment through it.

#72718 - 04/02/03 11:14 AM Re: Madrid room! help!
emilymay Offline

Loc: london
any idea how you work segunamano if you're trying to cal from the uk? the phone numbers dont work! it must be some sort system that you cant get into from abroad? can anyone help?

#72719 - 04/06/03 04:33 PM Re: Madrid room! help!
emmacoelho Offline

hi,

I used to go to Uni in Madrid and got my place through EASO which is a student residence. Its a shared appartment and when I was there in 2001 I paid about £180.00 a month. It all depends on the size of your room though. I was in a shared room but it was HUGE and really central with its own little balcony. All costs are included, and you have a weekly cleaner as well. Take a look at their website www.easo.net . I loved it there, and made so many friends.

#72720 - 04/06/03 06:00 PM Re: Madrid room! help!
willson Offline

Loc: Almería
Emilymay, phones are
+34 and the whole number as given in segundomano.
i.e. whatever combination of numbers you need to get an international access (e.g. "00") then "34" then the number given in the advert.

good luck.

#72721 - 04/07/03 06:02 PM Re: Madrid room! help!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hi emily,

Unfortunately, most of the phone numbers listed on the electronic version of SegundaMano.es are 906. Those are peak rate phone numbers.

Most of the classified ads in that paper are free so they make their money from the people who buy it. However, if you use the online version you are not buying it and thus they came up with another way to get money. A calling system through that number. I'm guessing it won't work outside Spain and I'd try it either. It could be very expensive.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments