Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#72690 - 04/06/03 08:36 AM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
tick... tock... Friday is coming fast!!!!!! I can´t wait to see you all!

I did get an email from our own Lost In Madrid and he can´t make it to the gathering - he said he'd feel guilty leaving his wife and baby at home. Understandable. See the rest of you soon!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72691 - 04/07/03 02:03 PM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan,

I haven't been checking the site for a while and....Sorpresa! MadridMan himself is here, I had no idea!, of course this pretty much goes without saying but....¡¡¡BIENVENIDO!!! laugh
I hear this time you're going to visit San Sebastian (you lucky dog! wink :p ), I'm sure you're going to absolutely love it! cool Actually, careful, or you might want to become something like "MadridSanseMan" or "MadridDonostiMan".

Anyway, I'll definetely try to drop by on Friday, who would want to miss hanging out with MMan, The Ladyfriend, Barry, Pablo, etc, etc, etc, etc,....?
About my sister, well, she's about to turn 18 now so you can imagine she has her own party plans. rolleyes
I'm sorry to hear Russell won't be able to make it. frown

¡Saludos!

#72692 - 04/07/03 03:14 PM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

pim, I´m SO happy you will/might be coming to the gathering. I kind of assumed you wouldn´t be coming but I´m happy there´s at least a chance. See you there!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72693 - 04/07/03 03:54 PM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
Katha Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
Hola, MM and everyone,
As you can see I am in Barcelona (see my previous post), however, I am heading to Madrid this weekend for MM´s Version 5.0. Thanks to all of you who advised me on where to study Spanish. I posted my question a few weeks ago, and I decided on Barcelona. I can hardly wait til Friday to meet MM and everyone else!

#72694 - 04/10/03 05:16 AM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
Miguelito Offline

My loved group Zebda gives a concert tomorrow, confused
I've never seen them, I don't know yet what to do.

#72695 - 04/10/03 05:48 AM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
MM or Zebda confused
Mm or Zebda confused
Daddy or chips confused

lol

Hmm, well I say that MM doesn't have a CD that you can listen to instead - although he does have a video of course wink

I reckon you should go to the party in honour of miche and I Miguelito cool

Jo

#72696 - 04/11/03 11:29 AM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

It won´t be long now!!! Just a few more hours. I can´t wait! We should have a good turn-out. I´m a little concerned about the weather though. Seems it´ll be quite cool and I´m not sure we´ll be comfortable on the terraza for long. We should be fine if everyone brings a jacket or sweater though. And get this, I´ve been SAVING this day for my first bocadillo de calamares!!! Mmmmm... Yummmm...

If you´re one of the first to arrive I´ll be waiting outside at the front door. After a few arrive we´ll start securing tables and chairs outside.

See you all there! Saludos, MadridMan

#72697 - 04/11/03 09:29 PM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just back from "The Party" and I can say it was by far THE BIGGEST MadridMan gathering EVER!! I counted a peak of 43 persons attending. WOW! That´s about 13 more than last year!

We took about 15 tables on the terraza of El Brillante and did the best we could to keep the food and drink tabs straight with the waiter. I had my FIRST bocadillo de calamares there and loved it!

replay (Rafael) and I arrived together early and Martín de Madrid was the first to arrive but he only stayed 5 minutes since he had to get home. What a shame. It was 9:10pm and no one else came and I started to get concerned but then, BOOM! In came the flood of partiers.

While I haven´t "assigned" names to all the faces in the photos, among those message board members attending were pim, JoeSambuca (dressed as dapper as ever, of course), NEWYORKRED, laduque (finally we met!) and her husband, carmenm, replay, kelar419, MATADOR, ANTONIO!!!, ABP, Andrés, ThreeMileDog, Mario, MAD for Madrid, Miguelito,

We started at El Brillante, next went to the loud Carbones in Huertas, and finally (for me) Ducados
Café on the Plaza de Canalejas which was a nice, big place. I decided to leave with my ladyfriend just before 2:00am.

You can all see the photos I took tonight in the "open-file" directory @ http://www.MadridMan.com/fotos/ss03/mmparty/ . As I said, I´ll assign names to the faces tomorrow sometime when I have more time. Now I have to go to sleep... 3:30am here.

Thanks for coming, everyone!!!!! Saludos, MadridMan

#72698 - 04/12/03 05:34 AM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Good morning! Yes MMan, I think we were all surprised at the amount of Madridmaners that showed up, specially considering the "Holy-Week-vacation-period" has already started, and that several people finally didn't make it, such us Becky and husband, Barry and Pablo, Fernando, Mª Paz, MissMadrid, Russell....
Anyway, I can think of a couple of people you forgot to mention; Natalia/Castiza, and Anne-Chloé.
It was a very nice party. smile cool
After MMan left, something that's pretty inevitable when you're dealing with such a big group happened, little groups were formed, and I can tell you "my group" stayed at Ducados Café sipping what JoeSambuca and I call now killer mojitos (are those addictive or what?), until we were practically kicked out, and then went to La Fontana de Oro for a final beer. We went home at 4AM.

Mman, I feel I have to explain a little bit the odd little present that I gave you. It's meant to be put up in your fridge or anywhere you want, whenever you find yourself out of the real thing frown eek , just to be reminded of how good 'jamón serrano', etc...are. rolleyes wink

Mmmm! I'm browsing through the pictures and thinking that a group pic in Cibeles, or even in Plaza de Neptuno or Atocha station which were closer by, with so many people in it, would have been SOOO COOL....Oh well! there's always next time!....

#72699 - 04/12/03 05:48 AM Re: Madrid Apr.11: Party w/ MadridMan!! Version 5.0!
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Gosh! I saw the pictures!!!!
I must really take posing classes or sth!
First photo of myself could be tittled: "Depraved psycho gets to Madridman party" the second one is also to be taken into consideration, what happened to me in this second one, had I just got my fix or what!!!!!!??????

Andrés

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments