Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72645 - 03/09/03 07:34 PM Honeymoon in Spain (Apr - May)
Dimmy Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi all,

We are a couple from Australia and have decided to have our honeymoon in spain (spending about 4 weeks). We hope to move around a fair bit, so if anyone wants to say g'day, drop us a line!

cheers,
Dimmy

#72646 - 03/09/03 08:24 PM Re: Honeymoon in Spain (Apr - May)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
G'day, mate! Say, if you're in Madrid on the 11th of April why not join the group for the next "Party With MadridMan in Madrid: Version 5.0" (yes, it's official now!)? We'd love to meet you. Happy Honeymoon!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72647 - 03/20/03 01:20 AM Re: Honeymoon in Spain (Apr - May)
SingaporeNewlyWeds Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hi

We're from Singapore and we too are planning to spend our honeymoon in Madrid, Barcelona and Seville from 7 April to 28 April 2003.

With fighting having just started and the SARS epidemic, are the streets of Spain still filled with people? We're concerned that if we go to Spain now, the shops and sites will be closed... I've heard even the shops and streets at Sydney's (Australia) Kings Cross are also deserted...

Need advice...

#72648 - 03/20/03 11:19 AM Re: Honeymoon in Spain (Apr - May)
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello from Madrid!

Everything is totally normal here, in spite of the war. All of the shops, hotels, restaurants, companies, etc. are continuing with "business as usual".

In fact, if you don't read the press nor turn on the TV or radio (I DO read the press!), it would be hard to know that there is a war starting up in Irak.

The only thing you might notice is that airplanes and hotels will probably not be 100% full, although during Easter week they will be close to full in Spain. Also, airlines are cutting down routes, in order to keep the planes full.

Enjoy your honeymoon. Spain is still a safe place to visit, even in these difficult times. Actually, coming from Asia, I'd be more worried about this Asian Flu going around. Any cases there? Only 2 cases in Spain so far. frown

#72649 - 03/23/03 01:17 AM Re: Honeymoon in Spain (Apr - May)
SingaporeNewlyWeds Offline

Loc: Singapore
Thanks MadridMan!

Well, the flu is spreading in Asia. But the bio-organisms have been identified. At present, the condition seems to have been contained.

As for the Easter Week - thanks for the tips. I think I have to start booking ASAP....

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1943 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments