Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72610 - 02/25/03 10:38 AM It would be nice if we could recognize each other
Lipstique Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
With over 3300 members, and plenty of get togethers, I was thinking that it might be nice if we could all be able to recognize each other in our travels throughout the world. At one time Fodors had a pin made with its logo on it and gave it out to anyone that requested one during a certain time period.

Now, this board is not for profit, but maybe we could have a pin made up (like a tie tack) and if we each contributed $5, it would pay for the pin, postage and handling.

I have no idea what the pin should look like, but it should probably be in the colors of Spain and we can incorporate the letters MM on it. Maybe one in the shape of Spain or a flamenco dancer. I'm just tossing out suggestions, as I'm sure that someone is more creative than I am. I'm open for ideas if anyone is interested.

And, Madridman, if you're interested, I'd like to sluff this project off onto your shoulders, but I'd be happy to help you anyway that I can and research a pin manufacturer. If not a pin, what about a baseball cap, patch or a tote bag?

#72611 - 02/25/03 10:56 AM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Oh oh, no-one told me that we had decided not to have the forehead tattoos! Remember the M above each eyebrow?

miche, Chica, pim, Nevado, Wyndyl, etc - tell me I'm not the only one who actually went ahead with it? eek confused eek

Jo

#72612 - 02/25/03 11:24 AM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
Lipstique Offline

Jo-Anne, you must be a trend setter. eek

Gucci, Calvin Klein, Bill Blass, Tommy Hilfiger, and Kate Spade have their logos on bags and clothes. No reason that we can't be as fashionable and start a trend.

#72613 - 02/25/03 03:37 PM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT IDEA! Feel free to research possible pin manufacturers and what kind of $$$ they expect upfront for production/design costs.

Hey! How 'bout this idea?! What do you think of a luggage tag? wink And Jo-Anne, we REALLY didn't expect anyone in their right-mind to go and get those M - M tattoos on their foreheads but hey, take a photo and I'll put it on the front page for all the world to see. You can be proud of yourself! hheheehe.. wink

Anyone else have any new, fresh ideas? I'm not too keen on a baseball cap - while "cool" in the USA and Canada I wouldn't be caught dead in one in Spain/Europe.

We'd thought about T-shirts at one time but maybe the pins would be even cheaper. But would the men really wear a pin? And wouldn't it shout "I'M A TOURIST!!" to all whom see it? Hmmm.. This is a toughy. Anyone else?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72614 - 02/25/03 05:53 PM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
Lipstique Offline

Luggage tags are okay, but once you dump the luggage in the hotel room, no one will be able to identify you except when traveling with it. A pin can be worn or put on a back pack, duffle bag, etc. But a patch might work too.

And, people do wear caps in Europe. They just don't have US sports teams on them.

#72615 - 02/26/03 12:32 PM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
Robb Offline

Loc: NYC
Label pin sounds good. I have a Spain/USA enamel
flag label pin on my backpack and our little group of Prince Felipe fans send one to him because he does wear them. I have had Spanish tourist's in NYC smile and say "hola" and point to my pin so one would get attention.
Robb cool

#72616 - 02/26/03 01:09 PM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
nevado Offline

Didn't we discuss this last year? Hey, by the way, MM, did you ever get the tag I had made for you?

#72617 - 03/06/03 12:26 PM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Pins sound like a good idea. I use the crossed flag pins (US and whatever country I'm assigned to) and we have found these are a very popular give away for official contacts and visitors. Whoever is on plane soon can probable find some ads aimed at corpate logo stuff in the airline mag in the seat pocket in front of you.

#72618 - 03/06/03 03:39 PM Re: It would be nice if we could recognize each other
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
nevado wrote:
Quote:
Didn't we discuss this last year? Hey, by the way, MM, did you ever get the tag I had made for you?
YES I DID!! It was GREAT! Thanks so much. I was shocked and suprised. In fact, I sent you an email about 3 weeks later (TOO late for goodness sakes - sorry!) but it seems you never got it. confused

lipstique, have you yet had an opportunity to look into pin manufacturers? Maybe we can get something done quickly (not likely, I know) before I get on that plan on April 4th from Columbus - Philadelphia - Madrid. Wouldn't it be great if I DID have them in-hand when we had our BIG "Party With MadridMan in Madrid: Version 5.0"?

Let's keep this ball rolling and see what it runs into. wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments