MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#72488 - 12/05/00 02:21 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Calibasco, I'm glad your experience at La Gran Tapa in San Diego was not horrible...I have a confession to make...my husband used to be the manager there, so I waited to see if you would post an opinion about it... glad to hear it wasn't totally a bust...It is the best Spanish restaraunt we have in S.D., and we only have 4.
Anyway, next time a poster comes down to S.D., let's make a party of it!!!

p.s. Nicole, wish I could make it up there for this next dinner rendez-vous, hope you all have a great time.

#72489 - 12/05/00 03:56 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
laduque-
What I meant to say was that La Gran Tapa was disgusting and I saw rats coming out of the kitchen grasping their throats! :P

Actually the food was good, and next time we're down there I'll e-mail you first!

How come your hubby left? I would stay for the tortilla!

#72490 - 12/05/00 04:10 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
ah,nicole..i so wish i could make it. make sure you send all of my best to those who go. i'll be there in spirit.

calibasco...i too am glad you had a good experience at la gran tapa. laduque is quite right, we only have four spanish restaurants in san diego. it stands above the rest with tapas picasso coming in a close second. like you said, the food is pretty good and service rather relaxed. at least the odd occasion it transports us to our own little world.

laduque: yes, do tell. what happened with your husband's situation? by the way, i'll be headed back home to san diego for chirstmas. if you put together a dinner gathering do let me know.

#72491 - 12/05/00 07:22 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Well, if you must know, mi esposo had a conflict of scheduling, he wants to finish his degree as soon as possible, which meant he had to sacrifice the restaurant...alas, we are still great friends with many of the workers there.

Nicholeye, are you also going to Spain in January? here, there, we are going to meet!!! E-mail when you get to S.D.

#72492 - 12/05/00 11:42 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
laduque:
i certainly will be in spain in january. to be exact, i arrive on the 7th. if you have a look at the "tavern crawls of madrid thread" i went into a bit more detail on that when puna asked me the same question.

we should certainly try and meet up in either place. hey... here, there and everywhere sounds great to me! =)

#72493 - 12/08/00 11:48 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I just heard on the radio last night that they are opening up a Cafe Sevilla in Riverside in a few weeks. Should be interesting.

#72494 - 12/11/00 12:31 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I just wanted to say thank you to Shawn, Nicole and MissMadrid98 for a wonderful evening of dining, dancing and conversation last night. I had a great time, and hope to have the opportunity to do it again soon.

Those of you who haven't had the privilege of seeing MissMadrid do the Sevillana are truly missing out! She's terrific! Best of luck in Spain to you MM98!

#72495 - 12/11/00 03:32 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I'd love to see her dance, unfortunately from Hawaii you can't drive over to LA for a weekend. Maybe the rest of us will get to see her in Spain

#72496 - 12/11/00 10:59 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
as calibasco mentioned i was asked to perform that night, so the dinner group was able to see me dance 2 dances. My teacher asked me that day if i was availible to perform that night. I had alot of fun talking afterwards with everybody, and hopefully i will see some of those familiar faces next time in Spain!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#72497 - 12/11/00 11:53 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Thank you so much guys for a truly fun evening. I really had a great time hanging out with you. And once again, the Divine Miss M was fabulous!!

As soon as I get those pictures developed, I will send them in to MM, so you all can see Miss MAdrid doing her thing (I have never used a disposable camera before, so we'll see how they turn out).

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments