Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#72478 - 11/10/00 02:19 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
you are so BAD madridman!!!!!!!!!! that is a picture of me dancing at a bar in spain 2 1/2 years ago.....you are so bad. i am sorry i haven't been on the board lately, but i don't own a computer and the temp job i had at weddingchannel.com was cancelled, so my agency is trying to find me another job, so i am at a cybercafe right now. As soon as ai get another job i'l be back!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#72479 - 11/10/00 05:18 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
hmm. how would he have that picture? Sounds like there might be a story here...

Who is your lovely partner there? Speaking of "boyfriend's relief"...

#72480 - 11/12/00 07:07 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nicole, check out the link to that image of missmadrid98 and you'll see in the URL that it's from her website. hehehe..

Sorry missmadrid98! (well, not really). Just kidding around. Hope you weren't offended by that, but you really seemed to be enjoying yourself that I couldn't resist. hehehe.. Hope to see you regularly online soon!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72481 - 11/12/00 08:44 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Awhh man. I was hoping for some juicy gossip, maybe a sordid love affair - or just a previous "party w/madridman.

#72482 - 11/13/00 03:51 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
wow, los angeles is a SMALL city...

missmadrid98 i almost became one of the system admins a weddingchannel.com... it's over in santa monica, no??

anyway, this thread of posts is hilarious!

ps> by the way, isn't that Juan Antonio Samaranch (head of olympic committee) that you were dancing with??

[This message has been edited by real_megia (edited 11-13-2000).]

#72483 - 11/13/00 06:06 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
oh madridman i am not offended at all, hahahahha. that is a picture of me dancing at a bar in spain with a teacher named mr. flax, he was so much fun!! that man had so much life inside him!! I love to dance, you should have seen me in the club!! weddingchannel.com is in downtown l.a. i hope to find work soon, i have the interview with international house tommorow morning at 6:30 am our time, wish me luck!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#72484 - 11/13/00 06:19 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Good Luck!!!

#72485 - 11/25/00 04:18 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
For those in the LA basin, I went to lunch at Cafe Felix in Orange on Wednesday. It's a Spanish/Cuban restaurant. Of course I had to order the paella, which was pretty good. They also had the best bread I've had in this part of the country since moving here. The my sister ordered carne con papas and gave it a big thumbs up.

The restaurant was good, there's a nice outdoor eating area, and the paella seemed to be the most expensive thing on the menu, which had enough variety. I was just happy to be eating paella again.

If you're interested in going, it's a can't miss in Orange Plaza right in the middle of "old town" Orange, in the southeast part. Enjoy!

In an unrelated note, if you like "tripotxa" which to you hispanohablantes is "morcilla" which to you anglos is "blood sausage", the Chino Basque Club is having a lunch on Sunday. They're located near Chino Hills Parkway and Central Ave. in Chino. I'll try to post a time just in case anyone is interested in dropping by. I know there's something else authentic on the menu, but I can't remember what it is. I'll get that and post it, too if possible. Sorry my details are so sketchy!

#72486 - 12/04/00 04:51 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Sorry I missed the updated post...nobody complained so I'm sure you were all busy.

I have to report on my trip to La Gran Tapa in San Diego, since I'm too poor right now to go to Spain .

The restaurant was started by a guy by the name of Paul(?) Dobson, who apparently was a bullfighter. There are pics of him all over the wall, as well as signed pics from other toreros.

The prices were a little up there, but I did get some jamón serrano, empanadas (a little Americanized, but good), GREAT queso, some tortilla, and some good chorizo. I thought the ensaladilla rusa was nasty...it wasn't at all like the homemade stuff I used to get while living in Spain! My buddy ordered the cordero a la parrilla and raved about it. He's the best barbecuer I know, so I value his opinion.

They only have flan and crema catalana for dessert, but after we got stuffed, there was no room for that nonsense!

All in all, the food was good, the service average, and I was in my own little slice of heaven, if only for a few hours.

#72487 - 12/04/00 08:09 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

If anyone is interested, we are thinking of getting together again this Saturday for a dinner saturated with talk and memories of Spain. Any new members that are interested, just email me. This time we'll try to bring a camera (assuming none of the participants are secretly in the Witness Protection Program or something...)

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments