Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Sat Nov 4 is fine. Ole!

#72459 - 10/20/00 05:22 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Any extra room in this dinner group? I may be away on the 4th, but I would love the opportunity to swap stories with those who love Spain at some future date. I vaguely remember that in the City of Orange, in the old-town area there is a Spanish-Cuban restuarant...FYI. BTW: Since I'm a junior member and new to the game, what distinguishes a junior from a "regular" member on this board, time? Just curious

#72460 - 10/20/00 07:10 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
of course anyone is invited whenever they like!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

[This message has been edited by missmadrid98 (edited 10-20-2000).]

#72461 - 10/27/00 07:19 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Just an idea. Could someone take a picture of the great dinner night? And could Madridman put it somewhere in his site?.

Antonio

#72462 - 10/27/00 07:25 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I, for one, do not have a flash for my old pentax camera. So, evening & indoor shots are impossible. Don't know about anyone else..

Calibasco, I can't say for sure what makes you a "member," but I am assuming it has something to do with the number of posts, and replies and stuff. I recently noticed that I have officially moved from "junior member" to "member" - all without evening me noticing. I expected horns to blow and confetti to rain down upon joining the ranks of such an illustrious group..

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 10-27-2000).]

#72463 - 10/30/00 04:02 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Nicole,

I, too, recently was 'promoted' to Member. I think you're right that it has to do with posts...maybe when MadridMan or Antonio come back in and see this they'll verify or refute that idea.

Sadly, I was also 'promoted' without balloons...waah.

#72464 - 10/30/00 05:06 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted 10-30-2000 12:52 PM by missmadrid98]

Can everyone send me an e-mail that will be attending, i need to place the reservation this week, so i want to get a final head count. Once again this will be at La Luna Negra restaurant in Pasadena Saturday Nov 4th at 9:30pm, hope all of you can make it, everyone is invited!!! Ole!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#72465 - 10/30/00 08:08 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

ole, ole ole ole. ole...ole.

that's all I have to say. I am there baby!!

#72466 - 11/05/00 09:01 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Thanks to madridman for the forum. I had a great time last night with missmadrid and Shawn!!! I couldn't believe missmadrid was so good at Flamenco. Her teacher pulled her up on the stage, and she just went to it and was sooo good (until the performance sadly ended by the infamous shoe falling off moment). The people in the restaurant were all amazed, because they thought she had never done it before and was just improvising.

Shawn has the most amazing knowledge of South America and Spain. I think you should consider becoming a professor of Latin American studies Shawn!!

Thanks again for a great night!!

#72467 - 11/05/00 10:39 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
The restuarent and flamenco show were fantastic! I really enjoyed putting faces to the informative messages that I revel in reading nearly daily. I echo Nicole's sentiments regarding Missmadrid's dancing prowess, I am certain that her natural talent and ambition will pay dividends in Spain. It was enjoyable to hear the wonderful firsthand tales of Spain. Nicoles' travels made me green with envy, I aspire to see just a portion of what she has treked through. I hope that prior to Missmadrid's departure to Spain a similar event can be arranged, and hopefully some more faces will be added to the rich mix.

BTW, The sangria and the stuffed peppers were quite good, and the show was first rate; even though, Missmadrid's shoe failed to cooperate in her improuptu performance.

Buen Provecho!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments