Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#72498 - 12/11/00 04:03 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
Hello to you ALL.Having dropped into this forum is a little like walking into a movie theatre halfway through a movie,..I'll try not to step on anyones toes and I will be seated as soon as I find an ampty chair, oh, look; there's an empty spot in the back,...not much of a view, right next to that nasty little room with the porcelain feet,..okay,now , just let me clap a couple of times....." cerbeza por favor'... now I hope you can hear me over the rhythmic beat of clicking heels...Firstly, for MissMadrid;you must be a remarkable spirit if you've learned Flamenco, and if your shoe has EVER come off, as it seems to have done then I need to refer you to a Flamenco site I'd found.There are some 30 different styles of Flamenco shoes for dancers available in multitudes of colors.You may have noted these types of footwear have over foot straps to prevent such mishaps and may find yourself requiring a pair or two. Secondly, for Madridman; YOU SIR, are a genius!! This page of yours is a Godsend and a treat, even if I wasn't going back to Spain, You have copiled an assortment of resources more extensive than ANY OTHER PAGE I have ever visited.Just for being such a great service to the Spanish Ex-patriots relocation industry, the Spanish gov. should issue residency visas via e-mail to all your members!!Thirdly, I want to express my thanks in advance to everyone for contributing postings of informative and placebo nature to facillitate the paper trail as well as the psychological transition required to actualize "THE MOVE". We have A Spanish Flamenco bar restaurant here in S.F. in North Beach, on upper Grant Ave, and it has served on occassion as a 'home away from home'for myself and my Spain hungry heart.I travelled to Spain in '58 as a 6 yr. old, via Le Harve, Madrid, and Barcelona; where I had my 7th birthday as I explored the winding little streets and learned the language.Thence to Sevilla where we lived for about 4 years. There is nowhere else on the planet that I want to return to.I have been around the world twice, did my schooling in four different countries and speak rusty but on the improve, Sp. Fr. Grmn. It..I shall be making my exodus within a year or so and plan on remaining as Renaissance Sailor Handyman Artist. My healing arts include Volkswagons,yachts,houses,bodies and auras, and I intend on remaining a freelance operator in my self employed capacity,as waterfront do-all. I've made contact with a yacht club in Mallorca that can use my 32 yrs of accumulated skills on their members fleet.My contact has assured me that the Police know who is who and turn away except for trouble, so illegality may not be too bad.....more later.......Rev. Mike

#72499 - 12/11/00 04:48 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
munchimike... that night i was just eating at the restaurant wearing my tennis shoes when i was pulled up to dance, i am aware of the array of shoes they offer in flamenco and all the ones i have, have a strap.

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

#72500 - 12/11/00 06:19 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
so happy to see that l.a. dinner group II was as great an evening as the first. despite the fact there was no lost shoe this time around. certainly really wish i could have joined all of you. need to keep them coming. cheers all!! =)

[This message has been edited by nicholeye (edited 12-11-2000).]

#72501 - 12/11/00 08:02 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hey MunchiMike, welcome to the group!!!
Just a little question, you wouldn't happen to run that little place called La Bodega, would you?

#72502 - 12/11/00 11:49 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
MunchiMike Offline

Loc: San Francisco, California, U.S...
But of course MissMadrid, that is the price of fame!!impromptue performances are difficult for me to pull off with complete aplomb too...glad to hear you're already stocked with footwear...9Duh, what WAS I thinking)? And no sir < I do not own that little Bodega charmer, but I wish I did! That is one of the last of the great local secrets on the street. Ever notice how hard it is to find it open? Thanx all for greatness that you are...no wonder we all love Spain so MUCH!!? look at your beautiful hearts!!.......Rev. Mike

#72503 - 12/12/00 12:11 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I have to echo the remarks of the other Los Angeles Dinner Group, it was a splendid night. Here are some passing thoughts on the affair:

MissMadrid is a fabulous dancer, but don't let trust her with yout flamenco shoes- The shoe may end up for sale at the Rastro. Heeheehee!

Nicole is amzingly well traveled with many thoughtful insights on this small world of ours; however, her ordering Bratwurst and mashed potatoes on an evening dedicated to Spain raised a few eyebrows. Hahahaha!

CaliBasco tales of Basque cuisine and of his extensive Spanish travel were both entertaining and informative (apropos for the acomplished teacher he is); although, given his restaurant reviews, I fear that his tales may have been apocryphal. Jajajajaja!

Given that this terrific trio was there, where were the other Los Angeles based contributors to this board? I have to wish happy holidays to everyone. Hohohohoho!

#72504 - 12/12/00 12:34 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
miles Offline

Loc: atlanta georgia usa
munchmike, you sound like Woodpecker.

#72505 - 12/12/00 01:16 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Shawn!!! Okay, it wasn't exactly BRATWURST, but it wasn't chorizo either. I really should have known better. sheesh. good thing you guys were there to help clean up the plate or the sausage chef might have been offended.

[This message has been edited by Nicole (edited 12-12-2000).]

#72506 - 12/12/00 02:16 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Wish I could have joined you for the dinner party!!! I would have loved to meet all of you in person-Such an interesting group!

Just a little clarification for Munchi, and others who may have wondered...I am not a "sir" but am actually the contrary. My posting name is a play on my real name...Notice the "la" attached to Duque. That should tip you off.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

#72507 - 12/12/00 08:22 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Okay...I was trying to be nice and diplomatic, but since Shawn is letting us have it on our little quirks...just kidding.

Yah, hear me now and believe me later, Nicole loves the 'wurst like a good German should. That spicy andalucian sausage was okee dokee by me!

MM98 was great, and I must admit, as MunchiMike said, she is amazing for having learned the ways of the flamenco dancer. It was really cool to see an Asian man playing flamenco guitar. That, to me epitomizes the pull...er...GRAB that Spain has on all who fall under its tractor beam-like spell.

I found out why Shawn has so much knowledge of economies, as he attended the University of Spoiled Children and received his B.S. parchment from that jewel of South Central... If we could only get him to economize his words! ¡jajajajaa a tí!

Who the heck else lives in SoCal, so we can do this again??? I need more people to bore with my tales of travel and adventure. Also, I need to spring more of my fabricated farcical fishing fables! Haha.

You can only imagine the mesmerized look on Nicole's face as I again shared the old-world secrets of the Basque mariners and their centuries-old practice of harvesting the best cod from the waters off of Spain. "Tell me more, O wise one" she seemed to say...

Anyone who is going to be in the LA area needs to let us know so we can call a special MM dinner occasion.

At the risk of this becoming a MunchiMike-esque post (for length...:P) I'll close with an emphatic:

Espero que a todos les vaya bien durante las fiestas.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1906 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments