MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#72538 - 03/05/03 12:27 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Calibasco!!!! You've been holding out on us! Congratulations on the new little one. laugh

#72539 - 03/07/03 12:31 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Happy Birthday mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
For those of you that sent me emails, thanks, For those that didn't, it's ok, I'm sure you were thinking about sending one and as we all know, its the thought that counts. How does April 4th sound to everybody. This is a friday and I took into consideration the fact that friday traffic sucks on the 405, but we also must recognize that it sucks on every other day that ends in Y as well. So Friday, April 4th? Who's in? Let me know ASAP, and I'll make the reservations. I'll make the reservations for 730pm.

#72540 - 03/11/03 12:08 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Executive Member

I have called the restaurant "tapas" to reserve a table for seis on Friday, April 4th at 730 pm, They had an automatic answerer for reservations and they are supposed to call me to confirm the reservation. If I don't here from them in the morning, I'll call in the afternoon to follow up on that.These are the people I received confirmation from/ or tentatives that i hadn't heard from through my email but expressed interest on the board, tell me if anything has changed or if I missed somebody...calibasco(tentative), nicole(for sure)Catherine M.(for sure, myself(for sure), Aida A.(tentative), and i reserved a tentative seat for JJP, who is always lookiong for a good excuse to get to southern California. If any of you tentatives can either yea or nay on whether or not they will be coming, I'd appreciate it. Thanks all! (last time we did this, Nicole reserved a table for 9, and we held onto it for as long as we could, but eventually, our table for nine, turned into a table for two! They gave us the ol' heave ho from our extremely large table.)

#72541 - 03/11/03 09:02 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Executive Member

ok, looks like there will be 8 of us! The restaurant is called Tapas, in Newport Beach. THe address is 4253 Martingale Way and the restaurant's phone number is 949-756-8194. Here's how you get there...from LA...take the 405 south to MacArthur Blvd. and turn left(towards John Wayne Airport), turn right on Corinthians, and left on Martingale.
....from San Diego....take the 5 north to the 405 north exit MAcArthur, turn left(toward the airport) turn right on Corinthians, left on MArtingale
.....from Riverside County....take the 91 west, to the 55 south, to 405 south,exit MacArthur, turn left(towards John Wayne Airport), turn right on Corinthians, left on Martingale.
This restaurant is not in an area like 4th street in San Diego, or Downtown Pasadena with lots of restaurants and bars etc. its actually in a pretty quiet area, with the exception of airport traffic from the airport.When you are travelling on MacArthur, Corinthians is the first street after you pass the Radisson Hotel of Newport Beach. And if you get to the street Jamboree, you've gone too far. If you'd like my cell number in case **** happens, email me and I will give it to you.

#72542 - 03/31/03 08:02 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Executive Member

Just a reminder that this Friday is the Dinner Gathering at "Tapas" in Newport Beach! I hope to see you all there!

#72543 - 04/08/03 01:54 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
...sorry I missed it...if I missed it. Did you all get together? My newbie has us all upside-down...

I'm posting some info on upcoming Basque gatherings in CA...perhaps we can get together then!

#72544 - 04/09/03 12:50 AM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
Executive Member

Yeah, Cali, we did get together and we missed you. Those that came were Rafael, ( I dont know his online name) Nicole and a couple of her friends came, and Aidance came with her husband, Roger. We had a great time chatting about Spain.And the food was absolutely wonderful. We did it Spanish style. that is, we did no order main course meals, we ordered about 7 or 8 Tapas. My favorites were the Spanish Tortilla, Gambas al ajillo,Jamon serrano y queso, and empanadas de pollo. mmmmmmm. We'll definitely have to do this again sooner than later. Sorry you couldn't make it, we'll get you next time!

#72545 - 05/03/03 07:02 PM Re: The Los Angeles Spanish Dinner group
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Has anyone eaten at La Masia in Los Angeles? It's located next to the Troubador. I took my parents there for their anniversary about 23 years ago and frankly don't recall too much except that they had ran out of paella and we settled for the medallions of veal. I had heard that they changed the format of the restaurant, more trendy and nouveu Latino with salsa dancing.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2396 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments