Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#72058 - 10/12/02 07:46 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
marknla Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Has anyone been to Cobras y Matadores??? on Beverly -- haven't yet heard if it is good and certainly don't know how authentic but it is a tapas bar/restaurant that got a lot of write ups when it first opened -- could be a possibility for us -- let me know what everyone thinks...oh and I am with Laduque on not driving to the valley wink

#72059 - 10/14/02 04:35 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

I haven't even heard of Cobras y Matadores...hmm. There is also CAVA on 3rd street (West Hollywood, I think), and of course, La Luna, in Pasadena.

LAduque!! It would be great to finally meet you too. I wish we could find some place closer for you though. Didn't you guys meet in Long Beach once?

#72060 - 10/15/02 09:44 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Don't worry about my drive, if the date is right, I will be able to make it. W. Hollywood is better than Pasadena for me.
let's keep the ideas coming. I will ask a Spanish friend of mine that lives in LA about that new place on Beverly, see if he's heard of it. smile

#72061 - 10/15/02 10:12 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
First time I've logged on since my trip and am very excited about this opportunity to meet the LA group from this board. laugh

As for location, I'd also prefer not to drive over the mountain to the Valley(I live in the South Bay beach area) but will do whatever is necessary. wink The beginning of November is wide open for me also.

Can't wait to hear stories from many of you who love traveling to Spain and can also understand my fascination with the country (my friends and co-workers are ready to have me admitted) eek .

#72062 - 10/16/02 04:16 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Okay. What about November 1st or 2nd? Are Fridays or Saturdays easier for people?

#72063 - 10/17/02 12:35 AM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Maybe Saturdays are better because Friday evening is a traffic nightmare usually. I'm thinking of coming up from San Diego. .... Laduque?
aidance

#72064 - 10/17/02 04:22 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I will do my best to accomodate either date. Let me know ASAP if folks want to do the Saturday as I have potential translation work available to me, but I can specify the day or night shift...

And yes, we went to Allegria in Long Beach. Nice area, crappy food...I prefer La Luna in Pasadena. I heard that Costa Brava in San Diego is nice laugh .

Let me know where you all want to go and I'll be there...I have no "reservations" about driving anywhere in the area.

#72065 - 10/17/02 06:04 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Saturday works better for me. The LA Friday night traffic can be a bear especially with us all coming in from different directions. I'm also not able to get out of work at a decent hour sometimes. mad

I'm open on the location...just looking forward to meeting everyone. laugh

#72066 - 10/17/02 08:34 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Saturday works best for me.
aidance, a carpool could be in the works. wink
Nov. 2 (Sat.) is great.

#72067 - 10/18/02 03:00 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Let's do it!!! Saturday, November 2nd at one of the places in West Hollywood. Someone else decide where wink

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments