Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#72088 - 11/03/02 01:56 AM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Just got back from La Luna Negra restaurant in Pasadena. we had a great time eating, socializing and watching the flamenco dancers. CathyM, Nicole and I were the three MM representatives. The food was great, I had Patatas con alioli, and brochetta de pollo, and for desert, Crepe al espanola. It was DELICIOUS. We need to do it again soon. Oh, and we had a celebrity sighting there as well. While Nicole and I were waitng for CathyM,guess who was sitting next to us? Give up? Emilio Estevez(Young Guns, Mighty Ducks, Men at Work, Stakeout etc.) Thanks Nicole and Cathy, I had a great time!

#72089 - 11/03/02 10:21 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm so sorry I wasn't able to make it last night...Emilio is dreamy! yeecchhh! rolleyes Nicole would've been enough of a celeb sighting for me...

I did have to work (side job) until 2AM so was unable to attend. I'll have to bore you all with tales of the Camino at a future date!

Glad you had the three of you to make it a fun evening. We should probably work up some sort of deal with La Luna Negra to "sponsor" our gatherings...

Let's do it again after the holidays...what say ye?

#72090 - 11/04/02 04:38 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Hey guys. We missed you Cali, but it was really nice to meet Mencey and CathyM. Mencey (wisely) suggested that next time we meet in Orange County, so it is closer for the SD folks. Any volunteers for the Dinner Coordinator position? :p

thanks again guys. it was great to finally put a name to a face.. and I even got dibs on a location for my future wedding/honeymoon Mencey. wink We should be ready about the same time (I'm on the finve year plan).
laugh

#72091 - 11/05/02 03:41 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Just wanted to say it was wonderful meeting Nicole and mencey Saturday evening. The company was great and the food was fabulous (kinda california-spanish wink ).

Count me in for another get together sooner better than later. laugh

#72092 - 11/05/02 04:19 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'll do it! I'm sure I can dig up some place in OC that has good grub español-style. Is mid-January a time that works for most??? I'm thinking the second Saturday (after New Year's...).

#72093 - 11/06/02 08:39 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Way to step up to the plate Cali! January works great for me, as long as its after the 7th, that's when I get back from the canary Islands! There is a great place in Newport Beach called, "Tapas", very good spanish food and the last couple of times I've been there, there have been flamenco dancers. Prices are similar to those found at La luna negra.Hope to see you all there in Jan!

#72094 - 11/06/02 10:59 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I'm in for Newport Beach. So sorry I had to miss the last one. The second weekend in January is fine with me.

#72095 - 11/20/02 12:09 AM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I'm sorry I was unable to attend the last dinner date. I had a few matters come up and I forgot about the rendezvous. I hope I haven't been removed from the invite list for the next occasion. frown

#72096 - 03/21/03 04:03 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
marknla:

A belated answer about Cobras and Matadors on Beverly (right across from CBS studios). I went there last Friday and it was excellent! laugh It is very small and if you want a seat inside you really do need to reserve in advance. We sat outside on the heated patio and it was still nice but didn't have the ambiance. Good tapas, great people watching (celebrity sightings even), and a little wine shop next door specializing in spanish wines. (C&M's doesn't have a liquor license but they just charge a $5 corkage fee if you bring your own).

Here's an article I found on the bar:

Restaurant review: Cobras and Matadors

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments