Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#72048 - 10/04/02 03:58 PM LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Anyone up for it?

#72049 - 10/05/02 01:02 AM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I am!!!...and I owe you a set of panniers, some pictures and lotsa stories. When did you have in mind, and more importantly, where?

#72050 - 10/05/02 08:38 AM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Hello, I´ll be back in LA frown the 12 of October, and would love to attend. I promise not to bring up ETA, I wouldn´t want a bad case of idigestion laugh . I will be available to tell about the beautifull Basque countryside, and one of my favourite cities, Vitoria. laugh Of course, I´ll have plenty to tell about the capital of Castilla y León, Valladolid.

Calibasco, we can still break bread despite our differing views on the Basque region?

Nicole, I hope you tell all about your exciting trip to Thailand, I hope you were able to find a good Paella there. It would be a shame to travel so far and not be fully satisfied with the cusine.

#72051 - 10/05/02 04:15 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
I read once that Vitoria was the "best" place to live in Spain in a Spanish poll.

I'm ready to not just break bread, but pop some corks too smile

#72052 - 10/06/02 07:21 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Yumm. Toddy, I am with you. I just got back froma week end in San Francisco. Ate at Alegria and had a lovely bottle of Rioja.

Okay, I was thinking late October, early Novvember. Where does everybody live? I know where YOU live Cali wink (imagine ominous laughter).... Shawn, will you be returning to the Valley?
Maybe we can find a middle-point in this huge Metropolis.

#72053 - 10/09/02 05:50 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Shawn, you can always break bread with me...just as long as you don't break my face! laugh

I'm up for whatever, whenever...just gimme ample time to plan ahead...!

And Nicole, don't forget that not only do I know where you live, I have your DL# and bank account number! HA HA!!! [Just kidding...I never wrote that stuff down...that would be cheesy.] I want to hear about Shawn's trip more than I want to tell you about mine, but I imagine with two big talkers we'd better plan for a late night! laugh

#72054 - 10/09/02 06:09 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
marknla Offline

OK -- all this going on about eating and drinking and talk of Spain in LA -- I would love to join in an evening of food, fun, and frivolity -- I will be back from Spain on the 26th of October so if possible WAIT for me !!!!

What does everyone want me to bring back -- I will be in Madrid and Sevilla -- only 5 days -- not long enough I know -- but I can't wait.

Nicole -- I also need to talk to you because I am planning my trip to Thailand in January -- would love some tips on that --

#72055 - 10/10/02 02:36 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

chorizo!!!! bring back chorizo!! - if you can. i understand there are laws against it, and I certainly wouldn't want you to get into trouble.. eek And I would be thrilled to give you info on Thailand. It was amazing.

So, shall we say early November for the cena?

#72056 - 10/11/02 03:46 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
marknla Offline

I would love to bring back enough Chorizo for everyone -- but you know how those customs people are especially in California -- so I will have to bring back some great stories of chorizo instead -- The beginning of November would be great for me -- and Nicole I can't wait to hear about Thailand. Thanks

#72057 - 10/11/02 09:22 PM Re: LA Dinner gathering?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I think I can make a special trip to L.A. for this, to finally meet Nicole would be worth it alone. To catch up with Cali and Shawn in person would be wonderful.
So please keep in mind that I won't drive to the Valley, but will trek up there if the restaurant is under 2 hours from me. smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments