Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71995 - 09/10/02 01:52 PM how can I find a lost friend?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Hi everybody, while I was in Spain last month I tried to contact an old friend of mine from childhood who, last I heard, was a doctor working in Toledo. I tried calling the national information, but after no luck in any of the provinces where I thought he might be, they told me they couldn't give out private numbers anyway ( confused ). I also tried the white/yellow pages on the Spanish web, Google, etc; Then I asked a friend whose sister-in-law works in a doctor's office if there was some kind of national directory of doctors, but she made it sound like it was really complicated because of "colegiados." Well, perhaps it is ... but I don't think there can be too many doctors with the same name in the whole country. Any clues?

Thanks!

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#71996 - 09/10/02 03:34 PM Re: how can I find a lost friend?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Churrito,

Here in the U.S. academic libraries have directories of health care professionals that will provide you with the latest address of any licensed physician, just as Martin-Hubbell for lawyers. Also the American Medical Association Doctor Finder web page is an excellent source of U.S. physicians. Since you live in Miami, I would recommend that you call the University of Miami's Medical School Library, Louis Clder Memorial Library (305-243-6441) and ask the reference department for the name of a title of a medical directory in Spain. They would more than likely have it in their stacks because it is the type of information medical school officials like to have handy to verify academic credentials, etc. If they don't have it try the University of Florida Medical School library (352-392-0342.

if they can't help,contact a university librarian in Spain and ask if such directories exist and if so what is the title. You may be able to find
more information in medical schools as well: Colegios Médicos en Madrid:
CONSEJO GENERAL DE COLEGIOS DE MÉDICOS
VILLANUEVA, 11 914317780
COLEGIO DE MADRID
SANTA ISABEL, 51 915385100

I found an interesting site called El Medico web page that lists the web sites of many physicians and has an e-mail click that you might be able to ask your question.
Buena suerte! smile

#71997 - 09/11/02 02:47 PM Re: how can I find a lost friend?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Booklady, you are more than a lady, but a research genius! Thank you!

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments