Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71874 - 08/14/02 05:57 PM Fiesta en Los Angeles?
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
Is there anybody out there who would like to organize and be part of a fiesta de España somewhere in LA area? We can either meet at a restaurant like El Cid or better, meet at una casa or park for some home Spanish cooking. (how about some Morcilla de Burgos my faaaaaaaaaavorite)? and of course, some home made Sangria!

#71875 - 08/14/02 09:55 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'd love to join an LA group for a Fiesta. laugh

It would be great hearing and sharing travel stories with other people who love Spain and can understand why we keep going back for more. My friends think I've either gone crazy or have a secret boyfriend in Spain (not true but one can always try.... wink ). laugh

#71876 - 08/16/02 12:22 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
toddy Offline

Thanks Cathy!
Maybe we can get some other people on the board to join in!

#71877 - 08/20/02 01:05 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
As I posted on the 9th...we already have a ready-made fiesta on Sept. 1 at the Chino Jr. Fairgrounds in Chino. The Chino Basque Club will be having its annual picnic, complete with lamb lunch/dinner, drinks, dancing, music, klika and more. You can even buy Basque wares as there are always a pair of vendors inside and onsite!

I think CathyM and a couple of others are already planning on being there. Join us!

#71878 - 08/20/02 01:55 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
toddy Offline

COOL! I'll try to make it. I'll be the one with the Barca jersey on.

Oh, by the way Calibasco, you play hockey. Wow, a Spaniard playing hockey in California! What is the this world coming to,next thing you'll see is some Spaniards playing in the NBA. (I know, I know) smile

#71879 - 08/21/02 12:27 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Wait for meeeeeeee! Wah!!! I won't be able to make the picnic (I'll be in Thailand laugh - can you tell I'm excited?? :p ). I would love another LA get together though. Can't we plan another one for the fall?

#71880 - 08/21/02 02:39 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I agree we need to arrange a date in the autumn. I´ll would love to attend, and I´ll return to the states in mid-october.

PS. Nicole, what are you doing in Thailand?? I hope your enjoying that famed Thai cuisine. All the memebers of the LA dinner club remember well your culinary whims. laugh

CaliBasco, Count me for the Basque picnic in 2003. Although, I have grown found of Castillian cusine, I drull for that Basque lamb.

#71881 - 08/21/02 04:08 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
A agree too. Let's plan something for the fall along with the picnic. Otherwise my friends are going to have me certified insane.

Last night I went to dinner with a friend (I chose the restaurant) and surprise wink there was live entertainment - flamenco dancing. laugh They feature it at Sangria restaurant (far from traditional spanish cuisine) in Hermosa Beach every Tuesday from 7:30-8:30.

For some reason my friend didn't believe it was just a coincidence. confused cool

#71882 - 08/21/02 05:14 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Cool.

How fun, CathyM. I just discovered a place right down the road from me that has live flamenco every week end. It was really cool. I guess there was a really great Flamenco dancer in town last week end, at USC or UCLA (can't remember). I really wanted to go see him, but the tickets were $40.

Shawn, I can't wait to hear about your year abroad! How do you feel about coming back? I am not in Thailand yet, leaving Friday. I am just going for vacation, and yes, I plan to eat and eat and eat. I loooooove thai food. I will try to make a point not to order weinerschniztel and mashed potatoes though...

#71883 - 08/21/02 06:56 PM Re: Fiesta en Los Angeles?
toddy Offline

Hey Cathy, you sound like your just up the street from me. We have some American/Spanish couple friends. We are planning on celebrating some Spanish holidays like los tres Reyes Magos. I'm thinking a new lifelong club celebrating this relationship! La Española Americana Club
Viva España y los Estados Unidos!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1992 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments