Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71851 - 08/04/02 06:18 AM Madrid: Tapas tonite?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi folks!

I know is really short notice, but, is anybody interested in going for a few tapas tonight with Jo(-Anne), her hubby and I?

#71852 - 08/04/02 06:42 AM Re: Madrid: Tapas tonite?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wait.... I must have missed some previous messages! eek Jo-Anne (AND her husband) is BACK IN MADRID AGAIN? ALREADY??!!!! My goodness! Must be nice! Isn't that 2 trips in less than one month?? Sheesh! rolleyes Have a GREAT time!! I'm SO envious. I'd like to go too. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71853 - 08/04/02 07:09 AM Re: Madrid: Tapas tonite?
pim Offline

Si MMan, ójala pudieras venir.... frown Specially since Jo and Jes are staying somewhere in Atocha and I'm broke, so I might suggest El Brillante's 'terraza'! (cause who knows what restaurants are open in August!)

#71854 - 08/04/02 10:43 AM Re: Madrid: Tapas tonite?
miche_dup1 Offline

:p make sure you pull up a stool for me, I'll be there in spirit, Jo have a Larios & tonica con cascara de limon for me OK! uh? what? oh ok then- Un jarra de Larios & tonica, (just not fair)! jejeje...have fun guys

#71855 - 08/06/02 03:59 PM Re: Madrid: Tapas tonite?
pim Offline

Well, I'd like to report briefly on Sunday's night outing.
We did meet up at "The Shining"(he,he), but it turned out Maceira was opened AND not full of people waiting to be seated (hurray!), so we ate there (I can recall octopuss, 'pimientos de padrón', a 'vieira', chorizo "creole"...), the chilled alvariño wine was too good (for our own good) as usual. Afterwards we headed to Pza. Sta. Ana, and seated at a 'terraza' there where ice creams and ice coffes where had, we chatted away enjoying the really wonderful weather outside and at almost 1AM I got a call from non other than Barry, (it was great to hear from him), since of course we were practically downstairs from their appartment, he and Pablo came down AND....I just know I arrived home at 3AM!!!, I woke up at 6:30 the next day to be at the office at 8, and I thought I was just going to feel, look, and act like a zombie all day until I went home for a much needed siesta, but it turned out my ex-bf decided to not let me sleep, picked me up and took me to the 'pantano de Valmayor' where I dozed, sunbathed, swam and took beautiful photos of the many windsurfers in the sunset....what a perfect couple of days!!!

Sorry I've gotten a little bit carried away eek :o

Jo, I had a terrific time, it was great seeing you again and meeting Jes. I hope you're having a perfect, romantic time in Sevilla and Cordoba and I want to hear (almost) all about it when you return, ok? wink

Tomorrow night I'm going to experience 'la fiesta de San Cayetano' with B & P for the first time. I'm ashamed for it has taken two non-Spaniards to tell me about Madrid typical August festivities since I've always been out of town this time of year. I only knew about 'la Virgen de la Paloma' on the 15th, of course. rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1635 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments