Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#71811 - 08/14/02 05:40 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
cool Rori!
you gots the details. I'm glad you're joining us.

#71812 - 08/17/02 01:55 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
Sevilla99 Offline

Loc: MADRID!!!
See you all tonite! I can't wait!

jill

#71813 - 08/17/02 04:58 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have fun everyone, with my "blessings"! laugh I'll be there in spirit.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71814 - 08/18/02 12:53 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

We had such a fun time at Xunta last night.I loved getting to meet everyone. Joe Sambuca, Nate, Caminante-without his wife-, Bobster and his friend Valeria,BillySki and Kathi, Sevilla99, my husband and I were all there. We had a great place in the front of the restaurant around two large barrels...it was perfect for everyone to be able to talk. Jill-Sevilla99-suggested the stuffed aceitunas which were fabulous. We also had wonderful tortilla, luscious calamares, magnificent grilled chorizo, amazing empanada de pollo, pretty good patatas bravas, mushrooms in sherry sauce, queso manchego, shrimp wrapped in bacon...and really good bread. We had 3 jarras de sangria too! But they did not have dessert or coffee there...which was a bummer! We all wanted FLAN. But there is an italian pastry shop next door that was our second stop. We got a chance to sit next to different people and have some more great conversation. We missed Madridman!!! We toasted Madridman and Joe Sambuca mentioned that he met him in Madrid and what a wonderful guy he is( but we already knew that!) Jill( Sevilla99) took some photos which she promises to post soon. All in all it was a really fun time. Tom and I had to get back home to our kids, so we want to know where you all went afterwards...
I know we will do this again. I Loved meeting you all!! smile

#71815 - 08/18/02 03:00 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
Nate Offline

Loc: New York
I want to tell everyone that I had a marvelous time at the dinner. The company and food was excellent. Every Madridman party I go to I have fun. I love hearing stories and experences from others, I learn alot. I would love to do this again.
Hopefully, next time, Madridman can join us. Last night, everyone wanted to meet you, Madridman. There were only a select few of us that actually met you in-person.
See everyone later.

#71816 - 08/18/02 05:08 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Hi Nate, What did you guys do after we left? And yes, MM : we missed you terribly! frown

#71817 - 08/18/02 08:36 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Hola: Oh Yes it was a ball in NYC's East Village last night. Xunta was an outstanding choice & the food was terrific as well as the people. I must say it was alot more fun than last years get together and eating and sharing Tapas as opposed to one meal per person was a better idea. It gave a deeper sense of Community by sharing & serving each other. It was nice to see Caminante again and to finally meet Esperanza along with her personable husband Tom. I also wish our sponsor MadridMad was present but alas he was unable to attend. He certainly was represented in Spirit and some good stories were told regarding each persons impression and experiences with MM. Joe Sambuca is to be commended for his hard work putting this together and Bobster gets a "High Five" for sounding out the call for the 2nd NYC gathering.Good Luck to Seville 99 on her Brave undertaking in going to live her dream in Spain. My beloved Kathi & I were thrilled to be at The party & it was truly a Party atmosphere. Thanks to MadridMad for the treat to our Italian Sweets laugh and we tried hard to have FLAN which was unavailable at this Tapas Bar confused so a vote was taken & it was unanimous that Italy was close to Spain wink & also a Romance Latin Country in Language & Traditions so we were not straying far from our Spain plus the Pastry shoppe was just next door.It was great to put faces to out cyber friends and swap stories & Love of Spain 1st hand. Can't wait til the next one which at least will be an annual event. laugh

#71818 - 08/18/02 08:57 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
Bobster Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Well Esperanza, that's part of the fun- if you don't come out with us, we leave you guessing about what we did :p

Just kidding, though I do have to say that I had a great night with all of you yesterday. It was great to see such a great turnout, and sorry I was the last one there even though I organized the event! I'm not going to blame anyone for being late (Val).

I hope to organize another event soon, maybe around the end of the year or in January. Of course, you guys should definitely keep in touch on this thread and maybe we'll fix something up sooner.

Joe Sambuca (Rich), you're a funny guy, and I look forward to reading some of your pieces. Val and I had a great time with you guys afterwards. For those poor souls that couldn't join the late night forays, we went to a bar called Leopard Lounge (or something similar) and started pounding ron y colas, beers, and then tequila shots. We went to a couple more bars around, then somehow ended up in 91st Street celebrating a bartender's last night on the job. The taxi ride at 3 am was crazy too- I was discussing politics with the cabbie as he blasted his own club mix- it was like a disco on wheels.

Needless to say, last night was an adventure. Jill, sorry you had to leave early- you left right before the DJ started playing dance music!

Everyone feel free to keep in touch via this thread or you can email me at bobby@rehani.com. After a wild weekend, it's time for me to cook myself dinner and get ready for work frown

Besos a todos,

Bobby

"To be is to do." -- Voltaire.

"Do be do be do." -- Frank Sinatra

#71819 - 08/19/02 08:23 AM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
JoeSambuca Offline

It was fantastic afterwards was insane.
Xunta was a terrific choice. Not to sound melodramatic or anything, I felt truly lucky to have been in the company of such nice and beautiful people and I look forward to our next party. New York, MAdrid, Tapas, and sangria. Life is Beautiful.
Bobster you're sure one nut that made it out of the shell and I thank you and crazy Val for the hangover. Sevilla99, good luck and I'll see you in Madrid in September if not before, I'll e-mail you my details about my trip to MAdrid. Develop the pics.
Billy Ski, Esperanza you both rule. Say hi to your beloved ones smile . Ed, stay away from Sangia you mad man.
MAdridman, you're responsible for all this and we all thank you.
Nate next time you tell an embarrasing story about me I'll kill ya....joking

Til next time
RC

#71820 - 08/19/02 12:20 PM Re: Madrid Reunion in NYC?!?!?!?
caminante Offline

I had a great time too. BillySki, great to see you and Kathy again. Bob, Joe, Jill - great job on the organizing! Esperanza great to meet you and Tom.

Sorry I left a little early. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Maybe next time, and hopefully my beloved can join us. We're definitely going to go to Xunta sometime soon. It's about 20 minutes from home for us.

One question:

Were most of the orders Raciones or Tapas? (Just for future reference)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1886 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments