Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71561 - 05/13/02 08:03 AM barcelona; looking for apartment
sepa Offline

I'm looking for an apartment in Barcelona (or a room) for at least 4 weeks, starting the 21 of july. Following course spanish at that time but what the school is offering is SO expensive...
Who can help?

#71562 - 05/14/02 09:58 AM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Try www.blauhousing.com they have short term rentals in Gràcia which is a hip part of town. Or, you might be able to work out a deal with a hostal for a monthly rate.

If you have questions about neighbourhoods let me know.

#71563 - 05/16/02 03:42 PM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
DCS Offline

Loc: Madrid
Asterault,
I have a question about a Barcelona neighborhood. How are the neighborhoods around or near the Universitat Pompeu Fabra? Which area near UPF would you recommend?

Thanks!
David

#71564 - 05/17/02 06:08 PM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
Asterault Offline

Since Barcelona is pretty small, and the public transport is quite good, it's not too crucial to be near the university. However, Pompeu Fabra has numerous buildings in Barcelona so I can't really tell. A lot are in the Gótico which is kind of sketchy but not in comparison with cities in the States.

#71565 - 05/17/02 07:24 PM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sepa, I know that www.segundamano.es does lists apartments for rent in Barcelona as well. You might also try a couple of those apartment "services" which I have listed on MadridMan\'s Madrid Apartments page which also offer apartments (short/long-term) in Barcelona. They would be Capital City Apartments & Apartments2book.com .

There are SO many apartments on the web as well as apartment services. Just go to www.Google.com and use BARCELONA APARTAMENTOS as your keywords and you'll no doubt find LOTS of them. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71566 - 05/19/02 01:09 PM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
DCS Offline

Thanks for the reply guys. You are right, UPF is a bit spread out but I will be at the Ciutadella Campus. I have not had much luck with segundamano.es in the past and I need something a bit more permanent than what they offer at the other two recommended web sites. I e-mailed blauhousing.com but still have not heard from them. I'll find something sooner or later- no worries.

#71567 - 05/19/02 03:06 PM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
Asterault Offline

You will need to telephone, you cannot rely on people responding to emails here.

#71568 - 05/19/02 05:28 PM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
DCS Offline

Thanks, I will call them.

#71569 - 05/23/02 01:22 AM Re: barcelona; looking for apartment
hombre-z Offline

Loc: Calif., USA
Try www.hotelsilver.com
I stayed there 2 years ago. Very nice. Very clean and safe and it is one block from a movie theatre and metro station. I don't know what your budget is but it looks like 59 euros for one person one day but it is an apartment.
Let me know if it helps.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments