Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71378 - 07/12/02 07:03 AM Re: Nice apartment in Madrid
Hilde Offline

Loc: Norway
Iīm living in this apartment now, and itīs great. When I came to Madrid on thursday, the owners picked me up at the airport. Can you belive that - it would never happend in Norway!!! The building is brand new, only five years old. The "barrio" is in the city center, itīs close to "everything".
The apartment is quite small (40 sq.m), but itīs perfect for 1-2 persons. Kichen, livingroom, bedroom and bath; it`s fully equiped (washingmachine, iron, even a hairdryer, towels, bedelinen...), the owners has also left a mobilephone, for the americans who can`t use their own in Europe. Alberto told me that the apartment is rented out until february next year, but they might get a cansellation???

Anyway, I fully recomend others to rent this apartment, who I found on this site. If anybody has some questions, please feel free to ask!

Ahora I`m having a great time in Madrid laugh

Ohh yes, the apartment looks just like the pictures.

Hilde

#71379 - 08/19/02 12:58 PM Re: Nice apartment in Madrid
Hilde Offline

Loc: Norway
I take it all back; it was too good to be true mad mad mad

The owners seemed to be very nice persons; they picked me up at the airport and were very helpful to me. I spent one month in the apartment and was very pleased with everything. When I left, I got back my deposit on 100 Euro.

After I came home, the owners sent me e-mail where they accused me to have broken glasses and dishes, and a doorstopper was broken as well. They also accused me to have made damages on the sofa bed (the main frame was badly bent). Finally they asked me to send them 300 Euro as a compensation for it eek

I was and I am so insulted!!!

I didn’t broke or damage anything. My stupidity was that I trusted them for knowing what was in the apartment and for checking the place before I came. There was no list of inventory, and I didn’t open the sofa bed to check if there was something wrong with the main frame.

How can you damage a sofa bed, when you just sleep on it confused

But what I do know is that the owners didn’t check it either, because when they showed me how to open it – it was full of crumbs under the sofa pillows.

So my advice to others who have rented this place, please check the apartment very carefully. Then you might avoid receiving e-mails like I did.

Hilde

(But beside that, and beside that I was robed one early sunday morning - I had a great laugh time in Madrid - and I can’t wait to get back.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments