Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#71322 - 04/03/02 12:45 PM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hola amiguitos,

Aaayyy, aaayyy, aaaaayyyyy!!! (read this in a 'flamenco jondo' sort of way).
I'm afraid I won't make it to tomorrow's gathering (snif, snif!). Yesterday evening I had the great idea of doing sort of a thorough Spring cleaning of my place but doing so had a little accident and 'me torcí el tobillo'(I sprained my ankle¿?). rolleyes

I REALLY HOPE to feel a little better by the weekend, so keep me posted if there's some second part to the reunion.

HAVE A LOT OF FUN YOU GUYS!!!!! (We know you will wink )

¡Besos pa' todos!

pim

#71323 - 04/03/02 01:17 PM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Pim,
Medical excuse...What is this a high school trick to avoid an exam? laugh I hope you ankle recovers quickly, we´ll miss you at the MadridMan event. Perhaps there will be a sequel, once your ankle recovers.

Replay,
Work...What kind of excuse is that for leaving early? :p Of course we all agree that it is important that you work, so that Madrid keeps moving. Besides you get to enjoy this great city all year round.

Chica,
The slow present tense variety of the English language has always been my prefered variety. Although, my slow remedial Spanish is nearing tortice pace as well :p

#71324 - 04/03/02 01:40 PM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
EEY!! Madridman, you could upload your photos in my home!, surely your camera saves the pictures in DOS CD format, so I´d able to read it from my PC. See you tomorrow!!

#71325 - 04/03/02 03:08 PM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hey! I'll bring my digital camera along and post the pics when I get home... (that is if my ADSL line doesn't die again soon).

PIM! Sorry to hear you won't make it. Remember RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. I was a basketball player in High School and had more than my share of twisted ankles. They suck.

Chica and Jo: Inquiring minds want to know what the required photo is... ;-)

-Russ

#71326 - 04/03/02 03:48 PM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey LiM,

That's quite funny, I'll remember "the rice", but also Shawn coming over to massage my swollen feet will hopefully help a great deal too, ha, ha! wink

¡¡¡CHICOS, A PASÁRSELO BIEN!!! cool

'Saludos cariñosos' to my cousin Mman & his Ladyfriend, Chica(Becks, my partner in crime), Mª Paz(¿?), Rafael, Antonio, Fernando(hey! send your e-mail address), Shawn, LiM, MissMadrid, and everyone else.

pim

#71327 - 04/04/02 04:14 AM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
frown frown frown
So, when I got up this AM with a low grade fever and a throat that would rival and piece of coarse sand paper I thought....oh no...not now. Couple that with the fact that I have had a hard time getting out of bed these past couple of mornings .. I think I need to bag out on tonight´s party.

I am about to call and cancel my class this morning... but since (with this particular VERY ADVANCED CLASS) this is the only time during the week that I can speak English at my normal east coast speed using more than monosyllables and the present tense (and it being my best paying gig)... maybe I shouldn´t cancel it. Can you say AUDIO DICTATION?? laugh

LiM...inquiring minds want to know eh? Too bad I´m not going cuz I would have coerced you into taking the pic(s) with your digital cam.

Sorry Jo frown . Will have to try again at the next go round. When did you say you will be here in Spain?? laugh

PIM -- Hope your ankle heals quickly. BEFORE Sunday!! wink

Have a great time everyone!!!! Ahh and eat a bocadillo de calamares for me! Think of me laid up in bed with a cup of manzanilla and a hot water bag!

#71328 - 04/04/02 04:22 AM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
frown frown Oh, Chica! frown frown

It's all that late night chatting when you should have been sleeping!

No, seriously, I'm sorry you are feeling rough and hope you recover soon. (I'm sorry for me too, I would have liked you to be there, even though I wont be!?!)

I think between them LiM and MM will get some pics up, although whether they will be what we want . . eek ? Now that will get LiM wondering. Actually, I can't even remember what you were going to do - was it something to do with giving Antonio regards from 'the girls'?

I won't be in Madrid until August and even then only passing through frown . It wont be our last visit though, and Segovia would be one of my preferred destinations in the future, so get those cookies/brownies perfected! (And I could bring you my banana cake sample - it's wicked!)

Enjoy your hot water bottle and whatever else it takes to make you better.

Jo

#71329 - 04/04/02 04:42 AM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Chica,
frown Sorry you're not feeling too good...Lots o' chicken soup, etc...
I'd give u some popsicles to help the throat, but my patients may want some...
(I thought I'd sent you and Jo a line while I wait for my patient to deliver.. laugh )

Wyndy

#71330 - 04/04/02 11:06 AM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Less than 3-hours and counting!! WOO HOO!! Should be a nice gathering and I´m really looking forward to it. Shame pim and chica will be absent. The rest of us will have compensate then.

See many of you soon and hope you´ll be able to see some of the party photos tonight!! (even if they won´t be my own)

Now, it´s time to the hostel for a quick nap. I can´t wait for the party! Looks like it´ll be too cold for a terraza gathering, but we might try... it was pleasant today, but cool. Keep your fingers crossed. laugh

Excitedly, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71331 - 04/04/02 01:11 PM Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Have a great time everyone!! I wish I were there, but as always, I'll be thinking of you, and have a drink for me!!

Hasta la proxima,
GranadaGirl

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1636 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments