Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71278 - 03/22/02 08:22 PM Re: Studying English in England
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel like jim royle (MY ARSE) OOPS Surely you arent that common?

#71279 - 03/23/02 05:25 AM Re: Studying English in England
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
True story regarding our friends from Newcastle,
laugh
I had a 4 day weekend last week, "puente" and St. Joseph´s Day: I went to Galicia, and O Porto, had a great time as well. My second trip to Galicia did include one slightly funny event in El Ferrol with a gentleman from the Newcastle area. I was in the train station in El Ferrol preparing to catch my overnight train to Valladolid, when I heard from afar an attempted conversation between a retiree with a peculiar English accent and the train station´s information officer about a car parking question. The Spaniard at the counter spoke English quite well with a combination BBC and Spanish accent, but nevertheless quite understandable to my American ears. The Spaniard could understand a hardly bloody word of the Newcastle gent, and in a bit of rage the Newcastle tourist barked out, "Dos aneune spek Anglish hair?" (or something like this). A intervened and translated his "English" into Spanish, helping to resolve the problem. He thanked me, and I commented to him that he sounded like he must hail from Newcastle, which he aknowledged, but with a bit of sarcasm.

Bottom line, Newcastle has great beer- I would kill for a bottle of Newcastle Brown right now.But, be advised that their pronunciation is quite strong.Then again, I´m just a foolish Yankee. laugh laugh

#71280 - 04/16/02 10:44 PM Re: Studying English in England
jensdog Offline

Loc: Houston, TX 77006
My Spanish teacher in Malaga used to ask me where a good place to study english was and I always highly recommended Jamaica.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1802 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments