MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71262 - 06/05/03 02:48 PM Re: June in Madrid
Jonathan23 Offline

Loc: NJ
Hey catn2002!

Staying out late, drinking good wine, laughing, and meeting new people sounds great! smile

My name is Jonathan. I'll be in Madrid in July laugh for 10 days.

I'm going with a few friends. It would definitely be cool to hangout. I'm always up for meeting cool peeps cool smile

email:
pimbf2001@hotmail.com

#71263 - 06/05/03 10:17 PM Re: June in Madrid
catn2002 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey guys........thanks for all of the positive response.....I will definitely be doing some contacting once I arrive. Only ten days left and I cannot wait! Eddie, sorry if I sounded rude in any way....it was my misinterpretation. Question: I did wrongly assume I had up to six months on my tourist visa, but now that you mention it I remember it is only three. Well, I bought a one-way plane ticket because I had no idea when I was going to be returning. Do you think I will get any grief from Spanish immigration when I arrive at the Madrid airport? Any suggestions on what to do/say?

#71264 - 06/19/03 11:37 AM Re: June in Madrid
silverio Offline

Loc: madrid
welcome to madrid!!... even though i´m not spanish... im dominican and i´ve been studying here for the past two years and i´ve had a blast..... this page was a lot of help, let´s hope it helps you too. have a nice trip.

#71265 - 06/23/03 06:15 AM Re: June in Madrid
Pablete Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Catn2002!
I'm Pablo, from Madrid 29 years old. I love to meet new people.
My msn: pablopepsi@hotmail.com
Going ot, good wine, laughing...sounds cool wink
Just add me to your msn!

Ah, I have two tickets for Mana concert on thursday (26 th)!

#71266 - 06/23/03 10:33 AM Re: June in Madrid
Brooke Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
About your visa...I used to study in Madrid and was there for a year and a half. When I first arrived I went through the trouble of getting a student visa, via the police station and all the necessary paper work. After that expired I was still going to be in Madrid another six months. From my experience, during all my time in Madrid, I was never once asked for my visa or tarjeta de extranjeros. I only used it for ID purposes, but even a US driver's license would suffice for that. The only time it became an issue was at the airport when the custom's agent went to stamp my passport and saw the stamp from when I entered the country. He just said my visa was expired and that I'd need to renew it before I came back. That's just my experience though, but quite a few of the students at my university remained in Spain for well over a year without a valid visa. Just don't get into any trouble and that shouldn't be a problem.

#71267 - 06/26/03 07:12 PM Re: June in Madrid
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
I too went to the trouble of flying to a non-E.U. country - Switzerland - as to get my passport stamped for any problems last year. I was teaching English at the time so I was worried, but afterwards I realized I could have stayed a lot longer and no one would have cared. They don't seem to care at the customs gate unless you look like someone you're profiling. I've gotten the impression that as long as you're a person with money to spend in Spain, you are welcomed with open arms. It's a pretty 'laissez-faire' attitude.

I had good friends to visit in Switzerland anyway, so it wasn't a waste, but I wouldn't worry about it now. The worst they do I guess is tell you that you have to leave. So you go and come back I guess. Whatever.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments