Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7107 - 06/11/04 03:41 PM San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur
laish Offline

Loc: singapore
Hi all, Iīve just recently stayed at pension amaiur in san sebastian, it was a wonderful place with kitchen and internet. Superb homely feel to the place and the host is very helpful. Strongly recommend this place to anyone visiting san sebastian, itīs located in the old city. The website is at www.pensionamaiur.com The room i stayed in was a double room without bath and it cost 40euros. Theyīve got a great looking shared bath with brand new fittings. welcome any questions...

#7108 - 06/11/04 04:04 PM Re: San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks SO much for that review! I've often wondered about this place - their website is REALLY nice and the pension looks the same. So you didn't mind the shared bathroom? I think it said one bathroom for every 2 rooms. Did you have a room with a streetside balcony? How was the reservation process?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7109 - 06/13/04 08:48 AM Re: San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur
laish Offline

Loc: singapore
yup no problem at all with the shared baths, the floor we were on had 4 rooms, and there were two complete bathrooms on that floor. Also a well equipped kitchen with microwave and fridge and toaster. Yes, we stayed in the room with a balcony with street view and it was full of flowers, very well decorated. We had tried reservation with email, but somehow didnīt get thru, but it was fortunate that there were vacancies when we reached. the host said that email is checked everyday... so it shouldnīt be a problem. payment was by cash, they only require credit card numbers for reservation.

#7110 - 06/15/04 06:08 AM Re: San Sebastian: Pension Amaiur
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I just reserved four nights in September at the Pension Amaiur. I sent an e-mail on Sunday evening and got a response Monday morning. I just got my confirmation this morning.

After reading about the Pension Amaiur here on MadridMan, I came across a very favorable review after doing a Google search. There were also good reviews in several guide books.

I will be flying to Bilbao from London on EasyJet.
I am now looking into things to do in the Bilbao-San Sebastian area. Any recommendations for a day trip by bus? I am thinking of going to either Pamplona or Biarritz.

Thanks.....

Arturo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments