Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#70975 - 11/15/01 01:14 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
jmp110372 Offline

Hola,

Me and my girlfriend will be at the Madrid Man New Years Eve Party. Is there any specific place to meet for this (I probably missed it in the above posts)?

Being a complete geek, one thing that I would like to say is that I hope everyone realizes the HISTORIC significance of being in Europe for the launch of the EURO. It will obviously be the largest currency launch in history and we will witness it first hand (yes, I am an accountant). Plus, I lived here for a year and I am tired of paying in 1,000's for everything.

adios

#70976 - 11/15/01 02:35 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I'll be in Madrid starting Jan 4... reyes parade on Atocha, anyone?

#70977 - 11/15/01 07:51 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hopefully these photos of El Brillante won't turn some of you off. Keep in mind that it's very popular with locals and NOT with tourists and is famous for it's bocadillo de calamares (fried squid sandwiches.. Mmmmmmm!). So really, it's a sandwich shop, but they serve all the popular tapas FOR MUCH LESS COST than the typical tapas bars and there's lots of space for people to stand around and talk.

Photo 1: El Brillante from the outside
Photo 2: El Brillante from the inside
Photo 3: replay's friend giving \"Thumbs Up\" to their meal!
Photo 4: Close-Up: bocadillo de calamares, patatas bravas, and San Miguel beer
Photo 5: October 2000 \"MadridMan Party\" on the terraza

Where is El Brillante????
El Brillante is on the Plaza Emperador Carlos V (a.k.a. Plaza de Atocha), is RIGHT across the street from Atocha (train station), and is "next to" the Reina Sofía
Museum.

WHEN???
9pm. Not sure about Saturday nights, but they will be open until at least 11pm, maybe later. I know 9pm might be EARLY for "REAL" Spaniards, but we'll use this time for a tapas & drinks dinner (at least *I* will!) and get to know each other. When they close, we can all make other plans together like going dancing, go tapas-hopping, or say our goodnights. We'll play it all by ear. I suggest sleeping late Saturday morning so you can stay out LATE that night with US!! smile

Hope to see you all there!! (this means you, missmadrid98, Barry, Antonio, replay, Nuria, et. al.!! wink )

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70978 - 11/18/01 04:47 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
yes yes yes!!! i will be there!!!!!! i will finally meet many of you wom i have been communicating with for a long time. and i am very excited to finally meet madridman and call him by his real name...which i hope you all will be calling me maria cristina and not missmadrid98 hahahahahhah i will be there and i will have plenty of canas and tapas and i am always ready for a good time out in madrid. don't forget the camera!!!!! whoo hooo!!!

#70979 - 11/18/01 06:48 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
I will join MM and all of you for this grooviest of gatherings with fellow madri-fanaticos!!!

Saludos!!!

Maria laugh

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#70980 - 11/18/01 09:19 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOW! This is REALLY shaping up! I'm looking forward to meeting you ALL! If you are still not sure how to find it just let me know. Be sure to bring your appetite, thirst, and tongues for conversation!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70981 - 11/19/01 11:54 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Madridman!
Me and my crew of four from NYC will be there!!
Looking forward to it!

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: JoeSambuca ]

#70982 - 11/19/01 07:10 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Zitrop Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA
Boo Hoo...Im so sad that I wont be there for your get together. I dont arrive in Madrid until the 15th of Jan. Hope you guys have a good time!!!!!Maybe I can catch the next one!

#70983 - 11/19/01 08:28 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Chica369 Offline

Loc: York, PA
Darn! We'll already be in Anadalucia and on our way to Barcelona when you all are having your reunion. Thanks for the direcciones and we'll eat a bocadillo in your honor, MM! I just met up with PlanetDeb who travels with Karen Wishart -- we all live in the same town in Pennsylvania! Saluditos!

#70984 - 11/20/01 09:19 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
I'd love to be up there with you on the day, MM, but I have a houseful of relatives staying down here in the Anchovy Tin for the holiday period, but I look forward to the next time.

One question, though. In photo 5 in your earlier post, who are the happy bunch pictured on the terrace? Can you remember the names?

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments