Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#71035 - 12/30/01 08:00 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Great gathering MM! It was terrific to see so many people at El Brillante. Sorry we couldn´t stay long, had a couple other stops to make. However I was glad to have some faces with names.

MissMadrid98...thanks again for the leads! It was nice meeting you personally. Pim --sorry we didn´t really chat...GREAT HAIR!!

Oh and MM, don´t forget about what we discussed. I am more than willing to collaborate with you! You have a great thing going here and know that it´s helpful to thousands of people!

Looking forward to Semana Santa! wink

#71036 - 01/01/02 02:03 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Another successful Party With MadridMan has passed and wow! What fun we had. I´ll have to check the photos, but seems we had about 28 attendees.

We spent the first 2 hours at at El Brillante where many people had the bocadillos de calamares. Next, we went to a place in Huertas called MERENGUE, a small dance club with loud music which made talking very difficult. Soon after, we went to another place in Huertas (La Tapería de Huertas - Santa María, 28) for some sit down tapas and wine. This was a great and quiet place for us all to be in order to talk. Finally, we went to yet another place in Huertas (Daniel's - Duque de Medinaceli, 12), kind of an Irish pub, which luckily had a back room and was away from the loudish music so we could stand or sit and talk. This was the final place and my ladyfriend and I left at about 3am...we were the FIRST to leave and 18 people were still hanging on to the group. Hopefully someone from that group can confirm that you did go on to some OTHER place after THAT! WOW!

What a good time I had too. After returning home and developing my photos, I´ll post name and photos. REPLAY took MANY photos with his digital camera...what a help he was. And Antonio went ahead of the group to find places for us to meet as well as helped with the bills. These two guys were great. Thank you both!!

In short, I met, among others, Fernando (what a NICE guy!), Pim (so sweet with GREAT English), Chica (what a find you were!), missmadrid98 (proud to show her LEGALITY), Celia U (wow! ¡guapísima!), Shawn (another nice guy), Paseodh50 (a pleasure to talk to you), and.... I know I´m missing some people. Please speak up if you were overlooked.

More later! Saludos, MadridMan (whose time is coming to an end here in Madrid... frown )

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71037 - 01/01/02 10:46 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello to everyone, glad to hear the party went with a swing, can't wait to see the photo's MM and put faces to names at long last.
Wishing everyone a Happy, Peaceful,and Prosperous 2002.

#71038 - 01/02/02 09:42 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan,

You kept saying: "thanks for coming" to everyone....but, THANK YOU for the invitation!

The place where we had those exotic tapas is La Tapería de Huertas, and the "sangría place" is called Daniel's if I remember it well.

P.D.: Chica, thanks for the compliment(¿?)

#71039 - 01/06/02 04:15 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

THE PARTY PHOTOS ARE HERE!!!!

Thanks SO much to REPLAY ( PHOTO ) for being the OFFICIAL photographer for "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0". Unfortunately, I never did get EVERYONE'S name at the party, but did get most of the message board member's names.

MadridMan's Photos @ El Brillante:

Photo 1 : Antonio, Celia U, missmadrid98

Photo 2 : MadridMan, REPLAY, Antonio

Photo 3 Clockwise from bottom:
Unknown, Unknown, Beverly, Paseodh50, Judi(met on the plane), Janice

REPLAY'S Photos @ El Brillante:

Photo 1 : MadridMan at El Brillante (under sign)

Photo 2 : MadridMan eating bocadillo de calamares!!!

Photo 3 : missmadrid98, Antonio, Celia U

Photo 4 (L-R): Jill, Unknown, Lynda

Photo 5 : Judi, Janice, Paseodh50, Beverly

Photo 6 (L-to-R): Sandy's mother, MadridMan, Sandy, Sandy's father, my Ladyfriend, Mari Paz, Shawn

Photo 7 : Fernando, Brian, MadridMan, Sandy's mother

Photo 8 : Chica and husband Angel ("masked" by request)

Photo 9 :
Front Row (L-R): Celia U, missmadrid98, replay, Antonio. Back Row (L-R): Unknown, Unknown, Paseodh50, Janice

Photo 10 (L-R): MadridMan, Iwalanic, JoeSambuca, Rocio, Pim

Photo 11 (L-R): MadridMan, Sue, Nate, Ann

REPLAY'S photo at Merengue club:

Photo 1 (L-R): Sandy, Janice, Judi, Beverly, Paseodh50

MadridMan's Photos @ La Tapería:

Photo 1 (clockwise):
Nate, Brian, Beverly(?), Paseodh50, Janice, Sandy, Judi, my Ladyfriend, REPLAY, Shawn, Mari Paz

Photo 2 (clockwise):
my Ladyfriend, REPLAY, Shawn, Mari Paz, Iwalanic, Sue, Fernando, JoeSambuca, Ann, Rocio, Pim, Nate

REPLAY'S Photos @ La Tapería:

Photo 1 : MadridMan taking a photo

Photo 2 (L-R): JoeSambuca, Ann, Rocio, Pim's shoulder

Photo 3 (Clockwise): Rocio, Pim, Nate, Brian, Beverly, Paseodh50, Janice, Sandy, my Ladyfriend, Judi, MadridMan, Shawn

Photo 4 (Clockwise): Shawn, Mari Paz, Iwalanic, Sue, Fernando, JoeSambuca, Anne, Rocio, Pim, Nate

Photo 5 (L-R): my Ladyfriend, MadridMan, REPLAY

Photo 6 : YUMMY tapas & wine!

REPLAY'S photos @ Daniel's, "The Irish Pub"

Photo 1 (L-R): Brian, Pim, MadridMan, my Ladyfriend, JoeSambuca

Photo 2 (L-R): Anne, Fernando (front), Nate, Pim, Brian

Photo 3 (L-R): Rocio & Shawn

Photo 4 (a.k.a. "Lucky Antonio"): BELOW: Iwalanic, Sue, Mari Paz. TOP: Antonio, Sandy

Photo 5 (L-R): Rocio, REPLAY, Shawn

And that's all there is!! Please let me know if I have named anyone incorrectly or give me the names of those few I have listed as UNKNOWN. Thank you!!!!

It WAS a great meeting all of you and we had such a good time. REPLAY, my Ladyfriend, and I left the Daniel's Irish Pub at about 3am and there were still many of you talking. Sounds like you enjoyed the night for many hours after that! smile

Looking forward to Semana Santa for the NEXT "Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0", MadridMan

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71040 - 01/06/02 06:31 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
WOW!

Well, it's taken me some time, but I've looked at all the pics. Was only going to look at one or two, but then couldn't stop!

What a happy, gorgeous bunch of people you were!

So, the date of version 4.0 is???? You know I need to know, because easyJet are likely to be doing their booking a free flight to Madrid thing tomorrow! If I could get the password from the paper early enough and get some free flights, we will be THERE!

Jo

#71041 - 01/06/02 06:39 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
GREAT PICS Replay and MM!!!

Gee MM, for that gentlman being an unknown (pic #6 at El Brillante) your "Lady Friend" seems to be hanging onto him pretty tight!!

smile wink smile wink smile wink smile wink

#71042 - 01/06/02 10:06 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

So Spaniards!! Tell me/us when is Spain's Semana Santa/Holy Week this year??? Tell us quick so Jo-Anne can make flight arrangements tomorrow (Monday!! eek ). I'm thinking Semana Santa is during the last full week in March. Correct? Hope so. (Almost) Regardless, I'm thinking the "Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0" could be either the Friday (March 29) or Saturday (March 30th) before Easter Sunday (March 31st). I don't recall if Semana Santa ALWAYS falls on the week before Easter Sunday or the week AFTER Easter Sunday.

#71043 - 01/07/02 04:31 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Although I got a friend to phone through today's password for easyJet's free flights, I was too late and haven't been able to get anything for the last week March/first week April time. (Today's password incase anyone wants to try for Liverpool - Madrid is BARGAIN. This password only lasts today, and Madrid is the only destination from Liverpool today).

I will nevertheless keep my eye on this thread, and you never know what other offers Stelios might come up with - we could be there yet!

Jo

#71044 - 01/07/02 09:35 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
hello everyone! I'm so sorry I missed the party. I ended up having to cancel my trip to Madrid because of an unexpected health problem. Glad to know you all had a great time!!! Paloma says they toasted a sangria in my honor. That was very heart-warming, thank you! smile

I am experiencing serious Spain withdrawal but there will be better times ... I hope to go sometime after May.

churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments