Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#71005 - 12/04/01 12:50 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Madrid Man's not buying????!!!! confused

If I am in town I will stop by though I might be in El Escorial instead.

#71006 - 12/05/01 01:12 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Tia Offline

Asterault,

I would have participated, too, if that had been the case... wink No, no, only joking and trying to hide my dissapointment, ´cause I´ll be flying to a wrong direction on 22nd. I´m going to spend the Christmas holidays with my real family in my native country.

Have a GREAT time (I know you will)!

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Tia ]

#71007 - 12/10/01 10:29 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Do any of those attending the "Party" have a digital camera? replay, maybe you can bring yours? I plan to bring my standard 35mm camera, but it'll take some time to get those online. IF ONLY I possessed the technology to have a wireless webcam which would be used throughout the evening, snapping photos left and right, being uploaded directly to MadridMan.com for all to witness LIVE. That would be COOL!! Can't wait. See you all VERY soon!!! laugh

Saludos, MadridMan (with mouth watering for the taste of that FIRST bocadillo de calamares or the patatas bravas. Mmmmm.. Mmm... )

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71008 - 12/10/01 11:37 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Nine days for me MadridMan and I will be eating those delightful bocadillos and marzapanes! I am giddy with excitement!!!
laugh laugh laugh
p.s. I will bring a digital camera!

#71009 - 12/10/01 11:38 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
MM, I have a digital camera. I wasn't sure if I should bring it or not -- that as well as my 35mm. Where and when would you upload?

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#71010 - 12/10/01 11:45 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Do either of you have one of those great Sony Mavika digital cameras where you can save the images to a floppy disk? If not, we'd be out of luck. If so, I'd take the disk and upload it from my ladyfriend's computer that night for ALL THE WORLD TO SEE! WOO HOO!!! laugh

If either of you (or anyone) is uneasy about bringing a camera, don't worry about it. I'll certainly have my 35mm camera, but will have to develop then scan the images and they never turn out VERY well, not like with a digital camera.

Booklady and churrocaliente, are you FLYING to Madrid together? What a great coincidence you're both coming from Florida. Booklady, I too am counting the days: 11 DAYS 'til I land on Spanish soil! MAN!, I can't wait!!!

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71011 - 12/11/01 12:05 AM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
MM, me thinks booklady lives in North Florida, whereas I live in the southern part of the state. I'll be flying Iberia out of Miami Int.

I don't have that floppy disk camera. If your ladyfriend has USB ports on her computer, then it would work, but you'd have to download the camera software from Kodak's website ... getting complicated?

I am tempted to do a roadtripcentral.com Madrid edition, but I don't know if my friend will part ways with his iBook. Then I'd be able to upload that same evening, provided I had internet connection.

The only other solution would be for me to email you the images as soon as I got back.

In any case ... regular 35mm is always best ... just requires more patience.

saludos,

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#71012 - 12/11/01 10:03 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola MadridMan,
I love those Mavicas,but alas I have an ordinary digital, I am also carrying a regular 35mm for the crisp pictures. frown
This time I am flying from Orlando to the fair city of Philadelphia, then out.
cool 8 more days...

Booklady

#71013 - 12/12/01 02:17 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
To all you lucky people that will be partaking in the meeting of MM and the heavenly bocadillos on 29 December. I have decided that because I cannot be there in person, I have added a photo of myself to my profile. I am looking glum in front of an empty glass, but I'm hoping that you can imagine it full for me on the 29th and think me there! I shall certainly be doing that at this end! laugh laugh laugh

Hope you all have the most brilliant time and I look forward to hearing all about it, and hopefully seeing the pics if they get done.

Thanks.

Jo

PS - Woops!! Didn't mean you were lucky people because I'd put my pic on my profile, I mean lucky coz of the party . . .
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#71014 - 12/12/01 10:13 PM Re: Dec.29th: Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0
paseodeh50 Offline

Loc: Denver, colorado
I am new to your sitey pleased to have found it just before heading to Madrid. Will make a sincere effort to join you at "El Brillante". Looking forward to connecting with some natives to talk about Spain in the late 50's. I lived there as a kid for 3 years back then.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments