Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#70854 - 09/24/01 11:02 PM Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hi all!!

I think we need to start thinking of happier things--is anyone interested in resurrecting the New York dinner group? I wasn't able to make the first one, but I'm in if anyone is interested again!!

Although I'm not in NYC, I'd be willing to help plan as much as possible (Is Billy around?!). If the NYC place is not possible right now, there is a place in Norwalk (CT) that I've heard about and there's a place in New Haven (may be too far for some of you) that is excellent.

Let's all get together for a FUN and HAPPY reason---ESPANA!!

#70855 - 09/25/01 01:12 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I would definitely be interested. I live in midtown Manhattan and attend Spanish classes at Cervantes. I'll be back from Madrid October 20th.

#70856 - 09/25/01 05:23 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
Dear GG: Yes I am around but I have been preoccupied with all that has been going on especially in my Family. Everything is OK and I think it is a great idea to revive the group. Unfourtunately I cannot participate in getting this one together but Kathi & I would love to attend. Any questions I can answer or humble advise I can offer, all you need to do is ask. It is a fine idea to do it again especially with all the horrors of 9/11. Thanks for asking GG. Regards, Bill

#70857 - 09/25/01 06:57 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
Eric - NYC Offline

Loc: NYC
I'm in the city and headed to Madrid on 10/17. I'd definitely be into grabbing a drink & some food and getting some tips for my trip.

Eric

#70858 - 09/25/01 10:29 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
jeffperez62 Offline

Loc: connecticut USA
If the dinner group gets together on a sun,mon, tues orweds night...count me in!!!

#70859 - 09/26/01 09:05 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
YES!! I was so disappointed to miss the last one (although being en route to Madrid was a close second choice...). I am willing to help plan, GrandaGirl, but I am not really familiar with any restaurant choices we might have. But definitely count me in!

#70860 - 10/03/01 11:05 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
GranadaGirl Offline

Hi again all!

It looks like we have some interested, but we have no one who can coordinate!! Is there anyone IN or close to the city that can find a place? I'd be able to help plan (date & time etc), but since I'm about 1 1/2 hours from the city, I don't know any place to go!!

I'll try to do some research this week & see what I can find myself, if anyone can suggest anywhere that would be great. I'll keep you all posted. Let's keep the dream alive!! wink

GranadaGirl

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: GranadaGirl ]

#70861 - 10/04/01 08:59 AM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I can try to help you after I return to New York from Madrid on October 20th. I live in midtown Manhattan on the East Side.

#70862 - 10/08/01 08:42 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Since I posted last time, I was in the city and ate at a restaurant on the Upper East Side called Málaga. It was pretty good, large portions and good selection, but I have had better Spanish food at other places. If we get stuck though with no other choices it would be fine. What was the place the last group ate at, and how was that one?

#70863 - 10/08/01 10:11 PM Re: Revival of NEW YORK DINNER GROUP?
GranadaGirl Offline

Ok, so it looks like we have about6 or so of us so far, anyone else from the last group interested? This is starting to shape up.

Arthur,Billy,Eric,Jeff, and Majesty, how about if we try for October 28th or November 4th? That should be a great time in the city, and enough time for us to plan.

I'm not sure where they went last time, I guess I can search the archives for that too. I know of a place on 9th Avenue (at least it used to be there, I haven't been by there for a while), called Costa del Sol. I've never eaten there, but does anyone else know anything about it?

Let me know your feelings!

Hasta pronto!!

GG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments