Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#70730 - 07/04/01 11:36 AM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Yes, like a kind of sponsored Madrid Man get together. smile

I don't mind sponsoring myself at home by myself even and then sending the money! I can easily have a drink and put the equivalent in money to one side until I have enough to send! cool

What better excuse to over indulge? Although I think friends and family might think I have gone mad.

What about becoming a registered charity! eek I'm sure the site has helped enough people out to be classed as this?!?!?!!?

Jo

#70731 - 07/05/01 12:54 PM Re: Message Board Upgrade Planned/Completed/Problems
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
A few of you have sent oh-so-kind emails and Private Messages and I thank you so much.

Still, my role as website owner/administrator/moderator cannot include fund raiser. This said, wink I've asked Antonio to take on this task and we've agreed to divide the booty (income) 50-50. Then, we'll both split town with our $29 in hand and live the high-life on some secluded beach cool in Central America eek , never to be seen again by internet eyes.

Okay. Okay. rolleyes All kidding aside, I've visited a few websites where the website admin is doing the old "PUHLEASE give generously or I'll have to shut down for lack of funds!", sounding like a first-class ass, liar, and evangelist (I'm NOT saying all three are equal -- I'd put "ass" at the top of the respectability pyramid as being the most positive laugh ) in order to make a little extra money on the side. Nope. I'm not going to do it. My conscience and reputation (and that of this website/message board) mean more to me than cash so thank you for your consideration, but I humbly and respectfully say "no thanks" smile . I'll raise the cash myself over the next year or so and will upgrade after a few more versions have passed.

Thanks group! You're the best!!!! laugh

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments