Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7060 - 05/31/04 02:53 PM Road trip with family
bsingh Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you for this wonderful newsgroup. I have found great information for our upcoming first ever family vacation to spain.
There will be 4 of us...2 kids 9 and 8, plus wife and I.

We plan to rent a car in Granada and drop it off in Sevilla. I was planning to do

Granada-Ronda-Bolonia-Cadiz-Sevilla in about 9 days. The question is, should I book hostals in advance or keep it flexible ? I have many names of places to stay that I have gleaned from here. My issue is that if we find a place and we would like to stay there for an extra day or two, we loose our flexibility.

We get into Granada from Madrid 28th June, and leave Sevilla July 7th.

tx

b

#7061 - 05/31/04 05:20 PM Re: Road trip with family
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
HI, My family was planning a road trip the same week in Spain too. We chose the north as it is cooler, and in the north at this time of year, it is essential to book rooms as not to become stranded, especially with a baby.
We were originally going to go south but I think it will be too hot. You may have more flexibility in the south at this time because they consider this their relatively slow time because of the weather, except in major tourist cities like Granada. so you may have luck not booking in advance. Good luck, your itinerary sounds great!

#7062 - 06/08/04 06:46 PM Re: Road trip with family
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
I wouldn't play it by ear. It can be very time consuming to call ahead to try to make new reservations on short notice because you decided to stay longer in a town. Or just showing up in the next town and spend hours looking for a place to stay.

Fortunetly your itinerary is very well suited to your time frame. Granada-Ronda-Bolonia-Cadiz-Sevilla in about 9 days seems like plenty of time to see all you'll want to see. I'd give 2 days each to Granada and Ronda and 2-3 days in Sevilla. This leaves 1 day in Bolonia and 1-2 days in Cadiz. With a firm itinerary and firm reservations you will be free to relax and enjoy every moment in each town.

If you would like to enjoy some very good flamenco in Granada or Sevilla I can give you some suggestions.

#7063 - 06/08/04 06:52 PM Re: Road trip with family
FredMaine Offline

I wouldn't play it by ear. It can be very time consuming to call ahead to try to make new reservations on short notice because you decided to stay longer in a town. Or just showing up in the next town and spend hours looking for a place to stay.

Fortunetly your itinerary is very well suited to your time frame. Granada-Ronda-Bolonia-Cadiz-Sevilla in about 9 days seems like plenty of time to see all you'll want to see. I'd give 2 days each to Granada and Ronda and 2-3 days in Sevilla. This leaves 1 day in Bolonia and 1-2 days in Cadiz. With a firm itinerary and firm reservations you will be free to relax and enjoy every moment in each town.

If you would like to enjoy some very good flamenco in Granada or Sevilla I can give you some suggestions.

#7064 - 06/08/04 06:52 PM Re: Road trip with family
FredMaine Offline

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments