MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#70254 - 11/11/08 04:37 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I hate to admit it, but I too am sorely disappointed in this long anticipated show! It is on at 10pm on Thursdays, and EVERY single time I fall asleep. This show is all about the egos and the road trip and less about the true culinary and cultural corners of Spain that they touted to explore. Another thing that bugs is that Batali and Paltrow claim to have wanted to bring Spain to America and i'm sorry, but Paltrow's Spanish bugs me!
Bourdain and even Zimmern did a much better job!
While I have eaten at Casa Mono and the place around the corner (both Batali's Spanish joints in NYC), I was aching for more substance from the show!

#70255 - 11/18/08 12:46 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
I have seen most of the chapters of this travel program, and find it to be less than I would enjoy. Not much of the country of Spain, but lots of the actors. A disappointment at best.

#70256 - 11/18/08 02:11 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
"Another thing that bugs is that Batali and Paltrow claim to have wanted to bring Spain to America and i'm sorry, but Paltrow's Spanish bugs me!"

Rick Steves did that for me. The first travel show I saw on Spain was his half hour on Sevilla and the Hill towns. I also became interested in Barcelona watching a show of Rick too.

Bill

#83486 - 12/31/08 12:36 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain [Re: Bill from NYC]
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I have been watching the show regularly, too and while it may not be what everyone here was expecting, it is a PLEASURE to just watch the sights and sounds of Spain while I am stuck here in the USA. I like to try and recognize if I have been to any of the restaurants or neighborhoods they have been in.

Plus... blushI have a total girl crush on Claudia!

Edited by sparkalina (12/31/08 12:41 PM)

#83489 - 12/31/08 05:08 PM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain [Re: La Sorpresa]
JAcosta Offline

Loc: Los Angeles Calif.
Originally Posted By sparkalina
I have been watching the show regularly, too and while it may not be what everyone here was expecting, it is a PLEASURE to just watch the sights and sounds of Spain while I am stuck here in the USA. I like to try and recognize if I have been to any of the restaurants or neighborhoods they have been in.

I have the same feelings about the show.

Definitely makes me want to have a ¨foodie¨ road trip to Spain.

Joe

#83583 - 01/12/09 03:15 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain [Re: JAcosta]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
The shows on here in the uk now . I agree the show isnt the best but If your away from Spain it just makes you want to return asap . Just seeing some decent jamon was enough for me and seeing the Marques de Riscal hotel brought back fond memories .

#84811 - 07/10/09 09:42 AM Re: Gwyneth Paltrow's food tour in Spain [Re: CascadaDuSel]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just read in one of yesterday's Spanish newspapers that this series/program will broadcast IN SPAIN on the "VIAJAR" channel of Digital+ (satellite) starting this coming Tuesday at 7:30pm local time. If you CAN watch it in Spain, there's a good chance you can switch over to the Original Version (English) through your Digital+ remote control.

I'm not sure why the article says she's a British actress when she - and both of her parents - were born in the USA.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments