MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70157 - 02/15/08 06:10 PM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
AHA!!! Yes. Okay. I remember seeing her interviewed as "the real singer" behind "P's" voice but didn't catch the name. Have seen the movie several times.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70158 - 02/16/08 11:07 AM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Estrella Morente is fantastic!!! I bought her CD "Mujeres" after learning she was the voice behind "Volver" and also after reading some really good reviews about it. I don't have any of her other CDs, but this one is great and I really like her voice. Be sure to check out her music; I think she is very talented!

#70159 - 03/15/08 06:04 PM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

MadridMan, did you ever buy any more of the CDs? If yes, how were they? Just wondering...

#70160 - 03/15/08 07:44 PM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hi la historiadora!

I've bought them all so far. Almost missed one day but they had a disc leftover the following morning. In fact, while they're only available on Thursdays and Fridays, they seem to come so fast that some of them are still in their plastic wrapping! The ones I've listened to have all been great though. It's QUITE a collection! I'm only up to number 11 "FERNANDO DE LA MORENA: Jerez de la Morena". The Estrella Morente one is still my favorite.

From her website I found she was performing in a concert hall in Segovia this month but couldn't find anything on the internet. Finally, I called the concert hall and they told me that it was LAST year she performed there so her website is one year out of date. Too bad. I'd love to see her in concert.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70161 - 03/16/08 12:05 AM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Ah, I'm glad that you are still getting them each week. You will have a nice little collection of flamenco music by the time the promotion has ended! thumbsup

#70162 - 06/13/08 02:22 PM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Well, the Jewels of Flamenco CD promotion ended a week ago and I now have the entire collection of 31 CDs - except for Number 13 which is on order still.

Good collection. And now that I've seen so many flamenco performers I've actually SEEN many of the featured artists live and in person. That's cool!

Saludos, MadridMan

#70163 - 08/12/08 09:39 PM Re: 30 Flamenco CDs with El Pais
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Hola! I almost forgot to tell you the name of the CD I bought by Estrella Morente since I couldn't remember it a few weeks ago. It's called "Calle del Aire" and I think it was on "oferta" at FNAC when I bought it. It's quite good; there are several Arabic-sounding songs as well as some Christmas songs. Her voice is so great! Hope you are enjoying your El Pais collection of flamenco CDs! wave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments