MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#70133 - 01/29/08 05:11 PM José made in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
just read about this new PBS show that is supposed to debut next month. José made in Spain It looks really good, but I have not seen any advertisement for it here in NY. I am wondering if anyone else has read anything about it. I have watched and enjoyed José Andrés on Spanish tv, so I hope this show is good!

#70134 - 01/29/08 08:19 PM Re: José made in Spain
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
This link has some additional information.

José Made In Spain

#70135 - 01/29/08 08:43 PM Re: José made in Spain
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Wow, this looks fantastic! Thanks so much for posting this information.

I checked my local listings, and unfortunately for me, it seems to be on the local PBS digital channel, not the regular channel. I don't think I have that channel, so I may not be able to watch it, but I will check when the time comes in February. It looks as if the first episode in my area will be on February 10 about Galicia.

#70136 - 01/30/08 03:20 AM Re: José made in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
la historiadora, I was checking for my parents in Ohio and its the same situation there. While it IS aired, starting tomorrow on WOSUHD [D] (HighDefinition), I don't know if my parents have/get this HD channel - and I SERIOUSLY DOUBT they'll know if I ask them. I know they get WOSU but the HD channel, I don't know.

If we're REALLY lucky, maybe PBS will air the episodes online through their website after the original air dates. Cross your fingers! I'd love to see it too - PARTICULARLY the first one:

Quote:
“Galicia: A Taste of the Sea” -- Andrés prepares scallops in their shells with Albarino white wine and visits the dramatic seafood farms of this northwestern region. Back home, he steams mussels with bay leaf and serves them with potatoes and Spanish smoked paprika. He returns to Galicia to watch the magical cooking of the legendary Spanish potato tortilla, or omelet. (#101)
But they all look interesting. Thank you esperanza and Arturo for letting us know about it! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70137 - 01/30/08 10:52 AM Re: José made in Spain
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Thanks for the information on this show. It is showing on my local (Los Angeles) PBS channel. The show reminds me of another cooking show, "Floyd on Spain", that aired last year.

#70138 - 01/30/08 11:36 AM Re: José made in Spain
jabch Offline

So there is a HD Non-Public Television channel, and also a Non-HD Public Channel? Is the HD a subscribtion channel?

In KC they are showing the show on channel 19.2. I've never heard of channel 19.2 before. On the regular Channel 19, they are showing the "Raggs" at the same time.

By the way, the KC station titled the program "Josi" " Made in Spain..

Also, I think they should have kept his name as used in the Spanish show "Jose Andres".

#70139 - 01/30/08 02:03 PM Re: José made in Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I don't think it is being shown in NY! Although it seems unlikely, I can't find it on the schedule.

#70140 - 01/30/08 10:42 PM Re: José made in Spain
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
In New York it looks like it will only be on the WNET-HD channel (Time Warner 713). The first show is scheduled for January 31 at 1:30 PM.

#70141 - 01/31/08 09:52 AM Re: José made in Spain
jabch Offline

Turns out my tv has a HD tuner, and I did not know!...So I'll be able to watch the show.

#70142 - 02/01/08 05:42 PM Re: José made in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just talked with my parents in Ohio and they don't get the HD version of their local PBS station. From the website link above showing "Local listings" IS DOES list it. But when I go into my parents' cable website it is not listed in the programming. How disappointing! I wonder why PBS would ONLY broadcast this on their HD channels where the minority of viewers can watch it??!! confused

And jabch, just because your TV has an HD tuner (so does my parents' TV) doesn't necessarily mean it is broadcasts in your area. All depends on if you're near enough to an HD Antenna to get the signal. My parents live in "the sticks" so I doubt they'll be able to watch it simply using their HD tuner on their (NEW) flat screen TV. If they could, I'm certain they would know how to switch it from CABLE to LOCAL anyway.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2644 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments