MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70095 - 12/11/07 06:03 PM B.S.O. Almodovar
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi,
"B.S.O. Almodovar" is a new double cd album with 29 songs from the films of the Spanish director Pedro Almodovar.

He chose for his films classic songs of all times like flamenco, tangos, boleros, italian and french balads from the 50's and 60's, etc.

Almodovar made wonderful versions of these songs as for example "Piensa en Mí" from the Mexican composer Agustín Lara sang in "Tacones Lejanos" ("High Heels") by the Galician singer Luz Casal, or "Cucurrucucú Paloma" (from "Talk to her") sang by the Brasilian singer Caetano Veloso, wich are two of the most beautyful versions of these songs ever made.

The music and its lyrics (desperated love songs in most cases) in those songs help very much to create the unique atmosphere that, in my opinion, only Almodovar films have. Every scene is a poem, full of colorful and delicate images.

Read the article on newspaper "El Mundo":
B.S.O. Almodovar

I suggest to watch the videos full screen.

"Hable con ella"

\'Por toda a minha vida\' (Antonio Carlos Jobim)

\'Cucurrucucú Paloma\'

\'Tajabone\' (Ismael Lo, from \'All about my mother\')

\'Piensa en mí\'

"Un año de amor (from \'Tacones lejanos\', by Luz Casal))"

\'Volver\' (by Estrella Morente)

#70096 - 12/12/07 05:08 PM Re: B.S.O. Almodovar
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
He's been doing a lot of promotions on TV lately. A LOT! He seems to be everywhere.

In fact... I SAW HIM JUST TODAY !! He came into the Café Comercial (Glorieta de Bilbao) right where I was sitting at the bar before lunch. He came in alone and stood right next to me, not 12-inches away! I turned, looked him in the face, then turned back, not wanting to bother him. Later, after he left, I snapped this photo of him at the newsstand outside. Sorry, no face in this photo but you probably can recognize his hair.

Funny thing is (to me), nobody seemed the least excited, impressed, or otherwise surprised he was there. No one asked for autographs, photos, or conversation. It was like he was just another madrileño. laugh

Okay. The above is a bit off-topic, but relative!

Pedro Almodóvar has chosen some wonderful songs for his movies. From the recent interviews (and music videos) I've seen with him in the last couple days he's not only been a singer in a punk rock band but also learned to play the piano in Catholic school as a boy.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70097 - 12/13/07 08:42 AM Re: B.S.O. Almodovar
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
...Funny thing is (to me), nobody seemed the least excited, impressed, or otherwise surprised he was there. No one asked for autographs, photos, or conversation. It was like he was just another madrileño.
How come you did not ask for autograph? Or Even say hello? The best photo you can shot was from his back?

I did not know that madrilenos were scared of each other. smile

Bill

#70098 - 12/13/07 09:36 AM Re: B.S.O. Almodovar
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
I think most madrileños are too cool to go fawning over a celebrity. And most Spanish celebrities are too down-to-earth to do the whole entourage thing.

#70099 - 12/13/07 02:20 PM Re: B.S.O. Almodovar
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Very good songs from work of a GREAT ONE from Spain.
and I agree, I think, Madrileños are famous themselves, from Madrid to Heaven!! hey hey

#70100 - 12/26/07 02:29 PM Re: B.S.O. Almodovar
toñete Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo-madrid
Oh Bill from New York!! How right you are when you say that madrileños are scared of each other!!

Many people in Spain don,t like Almodovar, some of them even hate him ( if you don't believe me read certain Spanish newspapers) and REAL fans of Almodovar are a minority.The staff at Café Comercial is very traditional and some of them ignored Almodovar because they did not want to be pinpointed as mar*****( self-banned)The others probably did not appreciate him.
That must be known. I cannot lie about Spanish society.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1552 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments