Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70087 - 11/09/07 04:41 AM Madrid Today: Día de la Almudena
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
For those interested - and awake - watch the Plaza Mayor Mass and subsequent procession from the Plaza Mayor to the Almudena Cathedral.

Coverage has already started and one can watch LIVE via the TeleMadrid SAT link on the MadridMan\'s Multimedia Page . One can also LISTEN live via the ONDA MADRID radio link found on the same page.

It all starts in about 20 minutes from now, at 11am local time, and will finish sometime at/after 1pm. Today is a city-wide holiday so most all stores, shops, and many restaurants are closed - except those in the old town.

I'm going to be downtown at this time and looking forward to it. Unfortunately, today is the first cloudy day we've had in a month but it doesn't look like rain.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70088 - 11/09/07 08:01 AM Re: Madrid Today: Día de la Almudena
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Thank you so much for this, it's so cool to watch live. I'll be there next Friday and can't wait. This is the best site. Thanks again MM

#70089 - 11/09/07 03:34 PM Re: Madrid Today: Día de la Almudena
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It was quite nice today. I watched the TV coverage (i.e. I had the Mass on the TV behind my head while I was on the computer) on TeleMadrid from about 10am until about 12:30pm when I left for downtown.

I did not go to the Plaza Mayor but did watch nearly all of the procession which passed through OPERA. We were going to lunch at 1:30pm at nearby La Bola. But after lunch we went to the Plaza Oriente to have a drink on the Café Oriente terraza with a view of the Royal Palace. After that we went to a movie. After the movie we walked back through the Plaza Oriente along the Royal Palace which had a spectacular sunset view in its background. We walked to the beautifully illuminated Almudena Cathedral to see the lines of people waiting to enter.

Wow. What a wonderful day. A real experience and a first for me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70090 - 11/29/07 09:42 PM Re: Madrid Today: Día de la Almudena
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I was there!!

Beautiful procession. Took lots of pics and some video.
Had a wonderful time in Spain. Talk about fantastic weather.

7 days in Madrid-4 in Valencia and 3 nights in Brussles.
It was lovley!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments