Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#70059 - 09/11/07 04:57 PM Sister web site?
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Hello all.

It's been a while since I last logged in.

Good to be here again.

I found an interesting web site that I kind of consider its sister web site to MadridMan, NOT, however, the competion since the true element of it's existence is the opposite of this one... I shall elaborate more...

It's one about Spaniards living out of Spain, although the majority seem to reside in the US, it at times mirrors this site,,, quite interesting in my opinion.

Well, that was it, I simply wanted to share it as yet another Spain related internet media item.

I also suggested MadridMan there in a couple of posts appropriate to the topic, such as a EstodoUnidense who's planning to move to Madrid,,, Hello!?!? What better place than MadridMan?!?!?!
wink
wink

Tony

#70060 - 09/11/07 06:16 PM Re: Sister web site?
jabch Offline

So what's the website's name?

#70061 - 09/11/07 09:49 PM Re: Sister web site?
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Wow! That was dumb of me, eh? totally forgot to put the link,,, I'd better stay from any advertising jobs in the future,,, hahaha.

Here it goes:

WWW.Spaniards.es

...easy to remember too...

Tony

#70062 - 09/12/07 07:47 AM Re: Sister web site?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for the comment, NO&DO Yankaluz! Yeah, I'd found that website a few months back when I noticed they'd linked to MadridMan.com.

It is a pretty interesting blog, really. Definitely worth a look.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#70063 - 09/12/07 09:12 AM Re: Sister web site?
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
Its probably a fantastic read if you could understand it! help

#70064 - 09/12/07 01:46 PM Re: Sister web site?
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Interesting web.

Reading the posts of the Spanish expats I realize how different is Spain to other countries.

Sometimes I wish to live anywhere out far from Spain, you know we Spanish people are very harsh with our country (it has many things to improve). But when we are far from here we really miss it.

#70065 - 09/12/07 01:51 PM Re: Sister web site?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Valenciano,

The U.S. will always be the best in my eyes, but after seeing many other countries, you can do much worse that Spain.

And visiting Spain is the best.

#70066 - 09/13/07 05:35 AM Re: Sister web site?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I think it is a very exciting time for Spain, as it has only been a democracy for 30 years, and the changes that will be made over the next couple of decades will be phenomenal.

#70067 - 09/13/07 05:23 PM Re: Sister web site?
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Sallyanne
I hope that your prediction will become true. I am quite confident about Spain's next future even though the Asian economical threat.
The change in Spain has been spectacular since General Franco died 31 years ago.

30 years ago we didn't have freedom of speech, press, assembly and worship.
No divorce, no abortion, no political parties.
We didn't have a constitution and elections.
Catalan, Galician and Basque languages were forbidden.
We had the capital punishment and tortures. There were lots of political prissoners.
Women could not have a bank account without her husband consent. Women used to stay at home, only a few brave women studied at the universities.
Homosexuals were persecuted, 1000 gays were imprisoned in the 70's only for his sexual condition.
Despite all these things Manolo Escobar used to sing "¡Que viva España, España es la mejor!" (Viva Spain, Spain is the best nation!"

Now we have a real democracy with all liberties.
Capital punishment and torture are forbidden.
Now we have abortion, quick divorce, gay marriage.
Our law for human assisted reproduction is one of the most avanced in the world. Couples, and single women from many countries come here to conceive a child, specialy from Italy.
We have universal health care for free, even for ilegal inmigrants who don't pay any taxes.
There are more women than men at universities, the working female population has doubled in 30 years.
All parties must have by law same number of candidates of each sex for the elections.

The economical change has been even more spectacular. We were a really backward country. We had four million of emigrants. We didn't have any inmigrants, furthermore when people saw a black person looked at her/him like an alien.

Now Spain is one of the world biggest economies wich attracted five million of inmigrants.

But there are still many things to improve, "Spain is not the best!". We are in the way and inmigrants and foreigners visions and opinions are helping.

I don't know if MM would consider this post too political and for that reason inappropiate. Sorry MM.
By the way MM, 30 years ago top less and nudity were forbidden as the erotic films were.

Saludos

#70068 - 09/13/07 09:44 PM Re: Sister web site?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Ugh..............

It's amazing what is considered progress.

For me it was a very nice place 30 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1719 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments